Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fayette Co. 4-19-11

Think we are getting to the edge of the camp. Going to move back up the hill in the morning. It was hot and dusty today. Ate a lot of sand. Neck looks like leather. Going to start winding down soon. Need a big turd floating rain to expose the missed finds. Lost one today. Missed my pocket I guess.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Need some help to ID this one. Feels old.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Square Knife
Photobucket

Re: Fayette Co. 4-19-11

Why so quite tonight? Need some help on the ID of the one point. Someone chime in.

Wish I could help but no clue on id you hand digging

We're screening. Can move more material. We think it may be a seasonal campsite. Have found only 1 double sided metate. Found a nutting metate today. It is unusual because we don't find any. I have 1 other little grinding metate almost like a bowl. I will post a pic later. Here is a pic of the nutting metate. Cool find.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

That point may be a heavily resharpened Williams

Could be. Only one found at the site. Will be back in the morning. Will post some pics if anything found.

That point looks like a La Jita base with a bunch of re-sharpening. You found it, you get to name it. All great finds. Thanks for sharing.

How 'bout Flintpig Point. Middle Archaic. Kinda catchy don't ya think?

Great .. That nutter stone confirms your assessment of a "seasonal" camp....had to be when the nuts were
ripe for eating season .

No comments on ID from me I do think the one with the unusually long stem was made by someone that had the good sense to want a bit more 'beef' where the flint meets the shaft ! ALSO...your closeup of that point shows the variables of digital camera color capture ( look at the same point in bakrnd )

" Lost a point,,,,," .." must have missed my pocket "
Thats not very original,,,I just used that a few weeks ago ....NOT a matter !

I know. I feel your pain.

The nutter stone is really neat.

Yeah I like them. I found another one last week and threw it aside and forgot about. Well it got buried in the throw dirt. I'm hoping it will reappear.