Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fayette Co. 4-20-11

Last dig for a while. Got Easter coming up and we are moving the equipment to another site. Don't know how good it will be. I guess we'll see. It was another hot and dusty day today.

The day's haul.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Weird side notched Darl
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Nice Darl. Love the flaking
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Square Base something
Photobucket
Little Darl
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Looks like a impact fracture
Photobucket
Preform or knife
Photobucket
Preform
Photobucket
I hoped this doesn't get kicked down the Thread Pile until everyone get's a chance to see. They get buried pretty quick here.

Re: Fayette Co. 4-20-11

Coming home like that daily why move? You're finding some kick azz stuff

We have permission to dig a spot but we have a time limit to do it. Want to get going before it changes. It may be a good spot. It's on the Colorado River and there are signs of flint in the mole mounds. We'll see how it goes. We can always go back to where we're at now.

The weird little side notched Darl is the second one like this from the site. It's smaller but made the same way. I'll post a pic of it later.

Some of the nicer Darl's have this type flaking. They have some of the most beautiful flaking around. Not all Darl's are like this. Just the nicer ones. I'll post some other Darl's I have found and you'll see the same flaking.

The flaking is best i have seen in a while. They were craftsman

Absolutely. I guess they took pride in their work.

Thanks to all for the responses on my post. I enjoy sharing my finds with you. I have spent many years in this hobby usually coming home empty handed or with a broke or 2. But as long as I was finding something I was happy. Even if it was a worked chip or thinning flake. I enjoy seeing your finds as it keeps my spirits high when finds are sp****. I have been on a run of luck lately but for those of you that have been doing this very long, I know it won't last. I hope my post have kept your spirits high. This is a great hobby. Well, more like an addiction, but what a high! Any hobby that takes you into nature with friends and family that brings such pleasure, hey, that's living!

Brent
Coming home like that daily why move? You're finding some kick azz stuff

What about calling in a few hundred of your closest dig friends to clean up the dregs? just for the ugly and
unloved pieces

Very nice flint,Flint..and you sure got it right about a posting getting buried....NOBODY ever looks at anything but the first top two topics and the top 10,000
record "hit" maker