Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
does anybody have a shaker screen or plans?

thinking about making a shaker screen and looking for some ideas, maybe some pics, anything would help?

Re: does anybody have a shaker screen or plans?

Does it have to be a "shaker"? I've built 2 screens recently...1 metal frame and 1 wood.

yeah i was thinking of motor driven shaker, something you can move some dirt with!!

Sounds like a fun project. I'll be following this thread for ideas...

ck youtube robo690 has a decent one and there are a few more.
where ya at Trav??? I know he has one

gman

Sandman for some reason I never got your email. The guy I'm digging with in Hanover his nephew has one out by Minerva somewhere. I think he has a vibrator and a shaker both. We just hand screen with a tractor loading. I havent sen the motor driven ones but i hear good stories about it all the time. We need to get together on this sugar sand diggin. Again bdeorsam7@yahoo.com. Or show me your email under this forum and I will try to email you.

robo690 video looks good - i guess the coil springs is the best way to go, i had been thinking about some type of screen table set up on rollers. so if it setup on coil springs, then i'm quessing if the drive/input is out of balance, you have the shaking effect?

yeah brent i have heard of that screen also, i need to get by there and look at it.

contact txdigger bill arnold- hes the man for power screeners.

See ancient posting "SIFTER IDEA " brought out of the depth of the old postings

ok got started on it today, 3 1/2' x 7 1/2', going to be powered by 15 hp riding mower motor,belt driven, screen will be hanging on eye bolts, some springs also in places. in action pics hopefully end of next week!!

May I suggest posting one pic of new model under that " SIFTER IDEA " topic to keep all the screens together
for future generations

Thats a good sized screen area, 15HP should do it but if you get into a real hot spot that needs some extra
zing ...there is always jacking the vehicle up, putting a plain rim on and belt drive off that..

. . . . 200 HP