Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ROLANDS 4-20

No Rolls Royce logo infringement here...this is truely " Rollin on ( in ) the River

Photobucket

Took a while to clean out but this seemed a likely place to start

Photobucket

Sure enough, a worked piece.
Photobucket

I prefer to use Flintpig's ID. . . . . a very nicely made round ( square ) knife

Photobucket

When you find something this old, you know you have arrived ( at the magic level )

Photobucket

A small but very identifyable Martindale

Photobucket

Now my favorite time of the day..the flint washing

Photobucket
Perfect test area for my latest invention...The " looky Sea" like a portable glass bottom boat for walking rivers & creeks for flint. It works well..
anybody can see RRoland on the bottom

Photobucket

I brought plenty of fish food with me but one look at these winter white legs..they went for the other side of the river.

Photobucket

How bout this skyshot???..NO HANDS

Photobucket

Little closer of the days' finds.

Photobucket

There's a few more pics of this site but I need more time to work them into some related topics..by Monday

Re: ROLANDS 4-20

lunkerbrad
that was marcus new hole it did good look at t burnt rock layer. new guys that is what you want to look for and dig in ..

I'm kinda sorry to see that thats Marcs work being used as a training example for future generations of earth movers..
Later after the overall picture was taken , going into the wall, I deceided to go deeper than the last digger while I still had the chance.
The Martindale was right about a foot deeper! Look at the insitu pic of the Marty in relation to the roots in the starting pic

Future workers need to maintain that same lower level and quite possibly deeper when advancing forward.( til not one flake of flint is found )

After messing around with some other areas, I came back to this site late in the day. A medium sized
overhang had been created so I though, " at least some of that has got to go..." To my amazement, with
just a small amount of dirt removal..A PERD base appeared..positioned with the point straight up.

Photobucket
This is a very bad "insitu" composition..I now wish I did it differently .I laid on my back....The point is actually high in the overhang..NOT DOWN as a foot would suggest.

Photobucket

So in actual fact...Marc was standing on my early Archaic Martindale and banging his head on my Middle Archaic Perd.

How long have you been on this website Marcus? Why don't you check and see how long Hal's been on. So I'd be real careful how you treat people on this site. A little joking is fine but lately I've seen a lot of sarcastic remarks that aren't called for.
And a lot of us do care for those field grade artifacts. Those are still artifacts.

Appreciate it.

"Why can't we all just get along?"
Folks, this is the exact same kind of BS that has divided whitetail hunters over the last decade and it has NOT been good for the sport. Thanks to the web and thanks to forums (no offense Michelle) like this, "people" have decided to be keyboard warriors and launch their attack from behind the anonymity of a PC/laptop or whatever the weapon of choice. Fact remains, we're all in this to have a good time and enjoy the great outdoors and the bountiful artifacts momma nature has preserved for us. PERIOD!
Thanks for letting me stand on the soap box for a moments! Please, carry on!

I agree Tony. Michelle has been real good at banning and deleting accounts of people that stir up trouble or start fights. I've been on here for years and enjoy reading post and contributing my finds and compliments on other people's finds. I'm not on her site to bash people or their finds. We all like it clean and quiet around here. Michelle keeps it that way. That's why this is the #1 artifact site.

Amen ! I deplore sites that bash people. Its all about information and sharing. The pics aint bad either. This is my favorite and only site I post on. Keep your eye out for my new posting coming in a few minutes. A bit off track but what the hay...

Marcus. I would have expected a more intelligent comment from you. Do you presume only Yankees appreciate field grade points? Is that the same as saying only black people eat watermellon? I am saddened reading your posting.

Phew, glad that's over.

We might be digging together real soon Marc if I can find at least 5 able bodied diggers, I'd like to go after whats left at Rolands ASAP.

Just a bring your own food & drinks, work til you drop operation