Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Started collecting in January..

Hey guys, this is what I have so far.. everything has either come from surface hunting at Chrisners & in Palo Pinto county or screening with Nach and TJ.

This was my first point found in palo pinto, any idea what it is ? nolan ?

Re: Started collecting in January..

looks like a good start for the year. love the drill finely crafted. as for the point your calling a nolan, would be a good guess, possibly a bulverde, which would be my guess, but its real hard to tell with only seeing one side of the artifact. it does'nt look steeply beveled on the side I can see and it looks similar to the flaking I have on the bulverde's Ive found.

thanks pat ! any opinions on the almost Kerrville ?

looks like a kerville to me.

that make three sketched rocks that look the same im starting to think its some sort of statis marker cheif medicine man maybe, dfw photo and hal each have one similar real cool

was the kerrville @ ccc richard says hes never heard of one on his ranch

the more i look at the point in question the more i think it is probably a travis point.

The "kerrville" was from Nacho, and im not sure pat, Im still leaning towards nolan, but I could always post some better pics of it !

pat kinyon
the more i look at the point in question the more i think it is probably a travis point.

I'm better at guessing what a point is NOT rather than what it is;;; It is definitly not a Nolan. If it was mine I would put it in the Travis bucket too.
Thats a good KK. As Snoop says " none ever found at Chrisners" Also I have never seen one come out of Travis, Williamson & Hays Co.
The KKs seem to have a very limited range in Cetex.

In the areas listed above we do find a lot of "choppers", many of which are just "lumps of cores" with one edge slightly worked. They never got the hang of using a smooth cobble .
I have found 2 KK's at Beverlys ( see posted reports )..both are not show stoppers, I suspect that that is the Northern range of the classic KKs.

Good collection, lots of memories

I found this KK pic of a very fine example from 2 yrs ago in the old posts. . . Sabinal R

Photobucket

We've been at chrisners all day... I'll post some pics later, we have got some good finds.

And mine lunker ? Or the one Hal posted ?

i going to take a quess and say that photo that hal posted was taken at the very tasteful casa falcon restuarant in the big city of camp wood!! super nice kerrville knife as well!!

sandman
i going to take a quess and say that photo that hal posted was taken at the very tasteful casa falcon restuarant in the big city of camp wood!!

GOOD GRIEF... How many people would make THAT connection

True ! Fellow named James brought some select finds to show before a Nach / TJ dig / breakfast / meet up.
More of James' KK finds can be seen at;
Front page upper right " picture of the week archives ",,3rd row of pics up from the bottom.

Care to venture a guestimate of what was on the breakfast menu ?