Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
CCC 4/23

Me and Carolyn's surface hunting finds from the day.

Re: CCC 4/23

very nice!!well done. i see spyder is at his usual pose.

COLE!!!!!

Congrats on the finds!! LOVE the In-situ!!!!!!!! THANKS for bringing along the camera and showing of your stuff man! GOOD MAN!!!

Need more like ya! Thanks for the spider dog too!!!!

What the heck is that point anyway? I love surfacing out there at Chrisners... LOOK at that , that is one that ALOT of people missed!!!!!

-Michelle

Good thing you found that big point before somebody had come along, stubbed a toe and got hurt..
Conversely, that is a really small bird point to find in all that acreage. Good job

If we had a CGI mani****tor in the audience...Imagine using the insitu of the big point with the dog tilted a bit "dancing " over the find

Very nice!
Cole, I saw your name on the board. I ran into Nate and Snoop. What side of property were yall on? I was in the Perd camp til bout 3...were y'all in a blue Chevy or perhaps a red truck pulling a trailer with a recliner on it?

Im not sure what type of point it is, I will have to look in my book for it later. This was the first time we didn't see spyder all day... when we finally went back to the garage he was too tired to get up so I figured that the first crew he was with wore him out. and we we were all over the place yesterday, all points were found at different camps but I found my big one on the west side of the property.

i've been trying to figure your point out since posting, and the closest thing i can find so far is an oauchita point.possibly a morrill. both being swags.

I'm having some problems finding out what it is too.. and I can't find Oauchita in my book, do you have any reference website you go to pat ?

Michelle
COLE!!!!!

Congrats on the finds!! LOVE the In-situ!!!!!!!! THANKS for bringing along the camera and showing of your stuff man! GOOD MAN!!!

Need more like ya! Thanks for the spider dog too!!!!

What the heck is that point anyway? I love surfacing out there at Chrisners... LOOK at that , that is one that ALOT of people missed!!!!!

-Michelle

Thanks on the In-situ love ! Carolyn would have had some cool In-situ pics too but she's too Impulsive and grabs her finds before I can pull out my camera !

upon further review, i am going to take back the oauchita meerly on size.morrill maybe. I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help on this one so I will let a more knowledgeable person help with this one. very interested in knowing the possiblities.

Nice finds!

I'm no help when it comes to ID's, but i found one of my frames, that had a couple similiar points in it though?
Photobucket

Re: Nice finds!

Great looking points. I like the way you have them organized. Extremely sharp tips.

Not a Qachita, that is a Caddo east Texas find. The one on the left is a Oachita. The Morill is a bit different point with narrow shoulders. If it were mine I would call it a Bulverde.

Photobucket

Here's a Morril/Morhiss. Prolly not.

Photobucket

I might be too far off the track here but, I was looking in my book and I saw a point called - Florida Archaic Stemmed- Alachua subtype ... It says it is a Florida point but the one in my book almost looks identical to the one I found at CCC.

I think I'm probably going to go with Idahoe and call it a Bulverde.