Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
CANTWELL'S DIG LOCATION

BRIGGS Texas is located on rt 183, 30 miles north of Austin Tx....Small town, well marked,

This is "J'S MARKET " on the East side of 183, turn in little street on North side of gas pumps

Photobucket

Standing in front of store, that little street is "PEARL ST."....Go down there. > > > >

Photobucket

After 2 stop signs,Pearl dead ends into Cantwell's driveway. Electric gate. Reach around black box, push
black button...get moving ..( reverse process to leave except park vehicle 1 1/4 car lengths back )

Photobucket

Once inside, stay on main dirt, goes left. Left side of big building ahead. 70 More feet, look left...
drive up near dig.
Assuming your early,Get digging.... Larry or Floyd will be along in due time.

Re: CANTWELL'S DIG LOCATION

awesome thanks il be early wont sleep much tonight

front page says 7 days a week

Google mapped it. Looks like a good piece of property. Does the digging take place on the north side of property?

CALL WHEN YOU GET CLOSE 512-426-6639 Floyd & Tammy Cantwell

320 Pearl Street, Briggs, TX 78608

CALL WHEN YOU GET TO THE STORE OR CLOSE SO THEY KNOW YOU ARE

THERE AFTER YOU CONTACT THEM ABOUT THE DIG

512-426-6639 Floyd & Tammy Cantwell

THEY WILL MAKE SURE THAT YOU GET IT AND GET TO THE RIGHT SPOT!

BE SURE TO POST YOUR FINDS OR EMAIL THEM TO ME AND I WILL HELP YOU
POST THEM

-MICHELLE

Re: CALL WHEN YOU GET CLOSE 512-426-6639 Floyd & Tammy Cantwell

what up nate you got time tommorrow?

great directions, I must go soon. it looks like a great dig! cant wait to meet B.I.N.G.O. and bingo was his name o. cant wait to smell me some puppy breath.

youve got the right there pat point and puppy breath my kind of day!

Very good directions Hal. Even I should be able to find it.

Nate. I am honored that you serve our country. Iraq must be a ****hole not unlike Vietnam. From one marine to an army guy.. Simper fi !

found a full marshal. Will post soon. The four people there today all left with full points. Hard ass diggin well orth it though!

ill meet ya if i can i wont know till tommorrow

nate adams
will be out at this dig not this weekend but next anyone else going out there then? id like to go with someone who ahs been before!

Hey Nate, I might be out there next weekend. I have dug there before so I am little familiar with what's going on. I will let you know early next week what day I will be out there.

Nate, went Friday and the site is being dug very fast. I was told there were 8 people on Thursday and there were 2 others with me yesterday. I'm sure there was a big crowd today as well. I would recommend going in the next week as the mound they are digging at the moment is pretty dug up. You'll notice not one post from the 8 people on Thursday, Either they didn't find much or don't want anyone else to see it. Just what I have seen and heard so take it or not. By the way here is what I found Friday. Had fun with Q and Todd, watched Todd dig his first point, congrats again.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Todds first dug point
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

nate its on sat am if you want im going tuesday as well ill see if it isnt all dugg!

Good update Gtwn, and good finds considering how much rock you had to move to get them Sounds Like Todd might be a bit new ( or previously unlucky ? ) at digging, he did well for a first find in tough digging country.

As you point out, only wild speculation as to what others found. I have met MANY people at the screen digs and C3 that say they follow AD regularly yet never post a single find. Many reasons from keeping the "secret" to being called a DingDong for a "stupid" find.

You speaketh with straight tongue about " the site is being dug very fast". With a fixed stone base as a depth limit, it's just a question of how much rock chuckin somebody can do in 10 hours.

From the postings we have seen of the finds, there's a LOT of Yankee grade points making them a bit difficult to identify, what are you calling that complete Pt on the right ?

Floyd said they had 13 diggers there Sat 5-7

Hal, I am calling my point a Williams but it could be a castroville I suppose. As for Todd I believe he had done some surface hunting, this was just his first dig. 13 on saturday, Larry was expecting a good bunch. Still not a post out of anyone, I would hope at least one or two of them found something.

Oh they are finding em yankee points and all. I believe people fear drama. It seems to follow some folks. I know the kind gentalmen diggin next to me found three nice points with many hours to digg. He said he didnt know how to post pics, sure did know how to find em lol. I would love to hear about it before i head back. I got skunked @ ccc but sure do like the vastness and view at richards. Heres to loyalty and good luck to all

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Found this nice mano, smooth as a babies behind, Friday the 6th, no points for me but did see G-Towns and Todds. Hopefully I can make it back out before its to late.

Thats about nice as they get,,,The previous owner must have thought so too

That's a nice one, congrats