Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
CANTWELL DIG - 3

This is one BIG Elsie that showed up at my left elbow..

Photobucket

THEN , , , , a GeeX showed up at my right elbow ( with a find )

Photobucket

A very thin Montell that he personally " signed "

Photobucket

A heartstopper....made a beautiful flint T I N G as it was raked onto the drag tarp.

Photobucket

Photobucket

be it ever so humble

Photobucket

GeeX dug uphill, I was on the other side coming down. We had hopes of one finding an insitu base and an insitu corresponding tip on the other side ( turf war ??)
Note to first time diggers to this site.. GeeX and I were both chewing into a double snail and crinkly soil, bone level that was yielding almost exclusively Montell pieces.

Photobucket

Eventually the "wall" became a multi arched "viaduct"

Photobucket

GeeX finding something more than snails

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nice little blade, fairly thin. Speculation is that it was what cut the meat off the bones

Photobucket

Larry got a nice find digging into the 10 inches deep parking lot

Photobucket

Photobucket

GeeX's finds up to the time I headed out.. Note the stealth points !!!...

Photobucket

I was trying to take a pic of GeeX when this stoopid BASE TANG tried to hog into the frame

Photobucket

My day ( 11 hours, no lunch or cigarette breaks )

Photobucket

Ach, I forgot the lone bird point in the graduation pic.

Photobucket

Re: CANTWELL DIG - 3

All nice finds at Cantwell's. Good to find before the weather turns hot. That hard pack digging can take a toll on you. Wash them up and post some cleaned up pics.

wow Hal. Looks like day three was the best day. that base tang is super. how does it looked cleaned up?

as always good show Hal, looks like a good camp, is there alot of area left?

Flintpig
Wash them up and post some cleaned up pics.

Photobucket

So far the majority of flint is heavily bleached, as sure sign of highly acidic soil

Photobucket

Sandy, It's over 100 acres with some possible mounds yet to be touched, like all digs, the midden goes first and hopefully there is years of exploring and scratching
outlying areas.

hal who ever said you don't cleanup well?? they look great and the base tang is real nice. thanks for the pic. i've noticed that the montells in that part of the country are less "bucktoothed" than the one you might find around leakey.....

Thanks for posting the cleaned up points. All very nice. Pretty good haul. Makes me want to go.

Here is a pic from my day digging with Hal at Cantwell's. Took me a little longer than expected to get it posted.