Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New Cantwel dig

Based on the pics that have been comming in, it looks like the digging is way to shallow. That dig is going to be blown in a matter of months unless people dig to the bottom of the layer. Hal/Michelle, is there anyway we could get any heavy equipment out there ... either from the landowners or diggers pitching in?

Re: New Cantwel dig

The site has been dug in the past.And even covered up in some spots.I know guys that have dug it before it was a paydig.

Know of any corner tangs that have come out of there?

Don;t know of any tangs being found.. Lots of Montell pieces and a few completes last week though.

Lucky.... As far as being dug before , I have no information on this propery being dug. it was a Church so i doubt much digging was going on there. If it was there is no info from this owner or the last owner about any digging on .

Other than that I wouldn't post info that you do not know first hand.

-Michelle

Well I was told it was $20 so I drove 2 1/2 hours there to find out Austin diggers told them to jack the price up to $40 so it was a waste of trip and gas on my part, so I went to the" unmentionable" dig site and found two of the nicest Perds I have in my collection

whoa... what??

Watch yourself there Diggler

Its his property and can ask what he wants for digs - Should have called first for the scoop - The price was changed to $40 before I even stepped foot on the property. Yes I was aksed what others charge and I told him and he changed it because he said he was too cheap.

The dig is $40 per day - per the owner of the property - Period.

I would tread lightly my friend.

Hey Michelle I didn't say anything bad just voicing my experience I did call the day before u guys went out there and they said $20 then the very next day I went and it was $40 so I'm not talking **** just putting in my two cents that don't seem to be a problem on this site, so u tread lightly my friend. I wear size 13 boots so I couldn't tread lightly if I tried lol

You just watch how you word things.

austin diggers didn't twist his arm and say to up the price. you have no idea what you are talking about and you are talking smack. He knew it was cheap and asked what others were charging. The sign was on the gate before we ever even got there. You think what you want, that was your "experence" But it dosen't change the fact that I do not own the property or have anything to do with what he wants to charge to dig!

I didn't change the price the land owner did. You got there the day after we left so you just think that we had something to do with it? Your just steamin because someone ELSE told you a price that THEY paid.. and then it changed.. Happens sometimes.... Thats why I posted the new price on the front page of the website. $40 is still cheap! and Hal and I plan on going back too! I want one of those frriggin Montell's that Hal found for myself and am willing to take that CHEAP gamble to get one too~!

2 cents is about all the money you had to spend here dear. If you are going to start throwing stones twards the wrong house I don't need it. Nor did anything to get that kind of attitude from anyone.

-Michelle
NOT THE OWNER OF THE DIG SITE!

I firmly support Austin diggers and the wonderfull job Michelle has done keeping us informed on new digs and upcoming news on events and not to mention all the beautifull artifacts we ALL post to share with each other. here lately we have wittnessed unnessesary foolishness that happens when people are jealous, or simply trying to sabotage the character of this site. frankly, it makes me
Photobucket
carry on Michelle, and dont sweat the small stuff.

Badger did you change the price of gas? Because I drove out to the TP and when I got back it was up 15 cents. I thought austin diggers was up to something. Love the job you do!!!

I'm not saying $40 is expensive but when u drive 2 and a half hours with only $50 for gas and to pay for the dig its kinda dissapointing to hear now its $40 luckily the "unmentionable" site is not far away from Briggs see iv respected u when u said u didn't want that site on here. and not one time did I talk smack about you or this site. The only one *****ing here is you. I still like this site even after all the **** that was talked about me before when I found that monster blade at ccc and after I got it papered why should I show it off after everyone said it was fake. Iv found several pieces that D R wants to buy and he did buy my big waco Ensor so that should show that I'm a very respectable digger and no **** talker and all my points are 100% real. And Larry is the one that mentioned that y'all mentioned a higher price but not one time did I assault anyone with words. I'm sorry for any complications. Good luck everyone and I hope you find a screamer and the only thing I'm jealous of is the montells everyone else is finding and I still can't find my first

I'll be out there Friday, already talked to Mr. Cantwell and I will be Montell hunting!!!

Man u guys are finding the points at this new dig

I at first thought it was the site where the first digfest was
held

Do they allow camping there and is there a river on
the property ?

I'm glad you guys are posting these reasonable
digs who can beat that price even with gas and all going up
I can afford that price

Good luck finding some great points

I called and asked him about camping and he seemed to be ok with it. You might want to call and cofirm it with him though ...

he said its fine but its 80 bucks for the whole day like cc good deal though just leave me some mound! For the record i love all of THE FOLKS IVE MET HERE AND and hope we can ALL DIGG TOGETHER SOOON

Insitu man
Based on the pics that have been comming in, it looks like the digging is way to shallow. That dig is going to be blown in a matter of months unless people dig to the bottom of the layer. Hal/Michelle, is there anyway we could get any heavy equipment out there ... either from the landowners or diggers pitching in?

Insit, I would have posted the same thing ( been meaning to, to the crew that's digging the Andice site )

Fact is every section I have dug ( or seen ) has got a base of flat bedrock pieces in a Rust red soil.
Our crew ( including Lucky Larry is tearing up the first layer just in case something might be hiding in the cracks )...so far not even flakes so we think we're deep enough..
I kid about "digging up the parking lot "..no joke, there are good finds radiating out from the mound in as little as EIGHT INCHES .

The road is NOT sacred, when Floyd saw the shallow finds he said " this all needs to be dug out over to "there " "

Where is this new dig? If it's not far from me I would like to check it out. But what's the controversy going on here????

Why is there an "unmentionable" site? Is it seeded or something? I'm looking for places and I'm new at this stuff. I just don't want to get into any trouble.

Heather, don't let your digging tools rust. I don't think they are talking about a digsite.

OK - thanks. With the laws the way they are and private property owners with guns...this all makes me very nervous. I just won't wander off by myself. That should keep me out of trouble!