Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dream makers & Heart breakers

POINTS ARE FOUND BY A BUDDY OF OURS ON HIS PLACE IN SOUTH BEXAR COUNTY. ITS A HILL TOP PALEO CAMP, HOLDS SOME NICE ARTIFACTS,THEY ARE JUST BURIED UNDER THREE FOOT OF SAND AND FOUR INCHES DOWN IN THE HARD A$$ CLAY.WE HAVE HAD NO LUCK THERE YET BUT ONLY DUG A FEW HOURS AND DIDNT GET VERY FAR....HARD WORK! ENJOY!!

Re: Dream makers & Heart breakers

Now thats a flint show. Count me in for a million hours of clay diggin for those kind of beuts.Great show

There is alot of petrified wood found at the same site,some very large.we found a piece of petrified palm wood when we dug there, will try to post pic later.

You were right dusty, those are killer. Flo showed me a couple but dang.

Love the flaking on those Paleo's. Is that a Carrizo point you have pictured? If so that's getting near the northern edge of their range. Those Carrizo's are one of the local favorites. All totaled, those are some great finds.

I believe it is a carrizo,my best guess!

Even down here close to the epicenter of the Carrizo's, they're rare. I saw a collection of over 5,000 points down in Carrizo Springs and he only had 3. I've found two and about three broken ones in thirty+ years of hunting.

Had no idea they were that rare, will definately relay the info. Thanks

That Paleo flaking is the kind. None better in my book. They sure knew how to make a beautiful and very effective killing point. I am impressed. Thanks for posting them. If you get tired of them just send them to me.

WOW that is some super pieces, DREAMMAKERS! curious if this camp is off a river or creek? trying to understand the earliest people/camps and there choices of sites.

That's a helluva paleo site, beautiful angostura, goldrinna & Hell gap points, the materials are awesome.

chuck
That's a helluva paleo site, beautiful angostura, goldrinna & Hell gap points, the materials are awesome.

Agreed,,,FANTASTIC
And I'm double amazed at such a variety and completness of really old tribes. You make no report of younger finds on the way down.

That entire hilltop needs to be lowered by four feet

Wow, great potential. Finds like those make moving 3' or 4' of sand a little easier.

jh