Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Cwells runnin Dry? not so fast!

Tough day today only a few points between six diggers. They are still in there but the digging isn for the faint of heart. Its not dried up but we wont be talking about the mound by august. Il bet fried okra hasnt been used to scale before.

Sprint PictureMail

Re: Cwells runnin Dry? not so fast!

thats it?????

gman

yep pretty pokey today

well, at least you got out and had a beautifull overcast day to dig in. i'm still kickn myself for not getting out just a little while anyway.

Youve got that on correct Pat. Ant tough day diggin beats no day diggin. Im always happy either way

one decent marcos or castro and a tip. We put the time in but it wasnt being quite so nice today.

good find snoop. did you dig in the same spot you were digging last week?

no sir it was dugg to heck in fact i had to digg the parking lot today thanks any luck on your end?How did you do after i left?

only found a broken tip. about three inches long though. would have been a huge point if it wasn't broken.

snoop diggins
no sir it was dugg to heck in

Wonder if that was ME what done the dugging ?? I spotted snail in that 'test' hole that was all by its lonesome. I dug towards the front open area where John was working ( and finding )..Finally trenched to connect with front. All snail and finds.

Larry took over John's area very late in the day, still snails galore heading for that Oak tree island.

Photobucket

Maybe he said Jesse and him found a few in there. I know the last swing i took in there i found a smoker. Gilbert popped one out a foot or two away on the other side, man it stinks i had to work that was the best hole ive personaly have ever started. You know you picked a good spot if Hal and Jesse are in there. Ive only been around a while but you guys are certainly on em.

yep, thats it Hal, one lone test hole. Snoop had a feeling there was something there and just started digging that new hole. He moved more dirt in an hour than I can move all day. He finally said he had to call it a day and go to work. Decided to sling his pick one last time and there it was. out popped a nice beautiful point. Than, after all the excitement, the same for me. one rake of my old single prong and there it was. Sticking out of the wall just above the red dirt layer. Another great point. Unbelievable.

" and the rest of the story (s)"

I just talked to Larry;

At the Monday evening pic above where he took over John's area...He found a nice complete Williams....
Sorry John, but it could have been WORSE >>> at least it wasn't that elusive big Montell you had in mind.

He remembered Snoop and the fellow 'with glasses' yesterday.
That could be significant that your bird pt was found in the shallows...( I didn't realise it was a bird in your pic report as I dont know much about Ocra sizes )
The only other bird I have seen out there was also in the shallows. That 'mound' with the little tree growing out of it has yet to be investigated ...possible bird pt people ??

Re 2 or 3 of those 'other' people at the dig...Larry said " Oh My, they tore the place up like crazy just with those swing picks, looked like they were coal mining. Got nothing "

So again to possibly help the next crew going out,,,
Take the time to clear areas other diggers may have dumped down in disgust, down to the bottom, carefully dust off dirt looking for a possible snail layer.

If found, go after that level then when the overhang is excessive, remove it and follow the snails again.

That shallow parking lot digging,is expanding ever outwards...does it continue around the other 75% of the mound ?

gilbert
yep, thats it Hal, one lone test hole.

Well if it's any consolation at all, now that we know its the same hole. I jumped in afer a couple of fruitless hours in other 'test' areas..Then in 'the 'hole I must have spent at least an hour working with my back to the parking area...ZIP
I went off to a couple other areas THEN John found a couple of nice pieces and identified a double snail layer.
'Your' lone hole was only 10 feet away so I got back in...this time dug TOWARDS John's place, more of a trench and thus that connecting wall you see in the other posting.

Most Americans dont like Escargo...but I'm starting to aquire a taste for them

WHO KNEW ?? as far back as Easter ?

Look at the pic GTwn posted ( 2nd up from bottom)under
' EASTER DIGGING "

Escargo ala Castroville sauce

I never get jealous of folks find. Im more excited my hunch paid off. I was suprised to see the birdie as well doesnt match the other finds. Maybe we will find another time period of points that wouldnt stink! Gilbert im glad you were my witness ill never forget that point and yours that followed we couldnt script it better.Still lots of snail layer left just be ready to work for it>