Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
More Drawers!!

1st Finds, Carrizo Springs, Texas (1980)
Photobucket
Blanco, River; Hays County
Photobucket
Crystal City, Texas
Photobucket

Re: More Drawers!!

Dang, looks like you've hunted down in my area. Nice to know I'm not the Lone Ranger. Right off the base I see a Carrizo base. Good finds.

Did notice too, a lot of unstemmed points there. Seems we in So.Tx. got the short end of the stick when it came to stemmed points. Those hill country Indians seemed to have the monopoly on stemmed points.

Tehuacana
Did notice too, a lot of unstemmed points there. Seems we in So.Tx. got the short end of the stick when it came to stemmed points. Those hill country Indians seemed to have the monopoly on stemmed points.

If you had missed it Te, I was going to call your attention to that bottom drawer...very confirmaing to your stemless theorum

Glad we asked about the other drawers...Tks for the show.

Thanks for showing us your drawers. lol

I'm always keeping a lookout for finds from this area. I've seen numerous large collections from Dimmit, Zavalla, LaSalle, and Frio co's. and that's one thing they all have in common. The stemmed ones are here and as of good quality and workmanship, just in the lower precentage. That invisible dividing line between the Balcones Escarpment and the So.Tx. plains was an almost inpenetrable barrier. Must have been some serious warring factions during those times.

I inherited that frame from my Uncle, who had me looking long before I really knew difference between rocks. Never knew what an Indian Sex Stone was until I took people for their 1st time. Most if not all found between Crystal City and Uvalde along Nuecess River in the old Pecan Orchards and fields.

We got good flint, just bad Indians. They needed a little schooling on how to made stemmed points. You got some nice colors there.