Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
To dig or not to dig?

Let's say I have a place to dig. I have dug it shallow. Points are found but not in such abundance that you get one with every yard of dirt. I'm getting ready to cover up this area. I have not dug deep in this area. Paleo points have been found in this camp, but once again, not in abundance. Do you think there are any diggers willing to dig hoping to find missed points or points in the deeper layers. I see a lot of unhappy people on this site at times because they didn't find points on their digging day. I don't want cry babies or bad mouthers because they came away empty handed. There would not be any guarantees on the dig. I myself have been skunked some days on this site.. I have thought about it before but see so many negative comments about pay digs that I don't think it would worth the headache. It would be a one shot deal. Maybe 1 day or 2. Should I try it or just let it go. I love this hobby but sure seems to be some that think there should be guarantees. I myself have been on paydigs and was unhappy about not finding anything while others diggers did. That's just the nature of the hobby. Maybe charge 20.00 and limit it to 10 people. You can look at some of my post and see what comes from this site. It is a sandy site. No hardpack. You can move some material fast. It's better suited for screening. Let's hear some feedback.

Re: To dig or not to dig?

I note the time of your posting...Lucky me, I may be the first one to see it.

I'M IN, PLS PUT ME DOWN IN THE #1 POST POSITION.

Any day of the week is good ( long as it's an early start ) ...{ Please DONOT make it the Saturday of June 4th as thats Temple Tx day }

In advance,,, absolutly no hard feelings if I find nothing other than sand fleas. Sites like yours that have no bottom like a garage floor are always worth a last deep stab before filling over for eternity.

I'll be watching for your follow up postings or contact me through " MICHELLE@AUSTINDIGGERS.COM"

Tks a lot.

PS; No need for a catering service, I'll bring my own food & drinks or eat when I get back home

Flintpig can you tell me where is site is and I might would be interested

Fayette Co. South of Lagrange.

snoops down it would be nice to meet you guys, i always say the worst day diggin beats the best day workin and hal theres enough grubb in my cooler for everybody

Btw way you got any time tommorrow lunk im gonna digg before work

count me in, your site is to close to pass up and it looks like the price is right. i still have a few tricks up my sleeve, i cant tell you how excited i am cause i've always enjoyed your posts.

$20 would be a fair price to take a day to see the beautiful country of La Grange, and if you throw in the opportunity to dig a little while then it just gets that much better. I don't know any dig where there is a guarantee except to find signs not acutal points.

Flintpig. Count me in and thanks for giving
others a chance to dig

Hey Flintpig, I would love a chance at this as well. Thanks

I would enjoy going out to your site as well, so can count me in, just let me know ahead of time when it will be. You have had some pretty awesome finds and I am always willing to give anything a shot. I think a weekend would be a good idea, but like Hal said just make sure its not Temple show weekend. I would go for a 2 day dig as long as we can camp there.

hell anyday will do for me just let me know im ready!

Count me in! Always looking for new spots to dig! Anyone who knows anything about arrowheads knows that there is no guarantees of finding points! That's what makes this hobby so interesting!

Let me get a head count on how many of you can do a weekday dig and how many can do a weekend dig only. Camping would be allowed either way. I have electric and water. My brother-in-law lives next door and is law enforcement. His house overlooks my property so if you're criminal don't even think about joining the dig. I don't want any issues and I don't think you want to try. Any Meth heads will want to stay clear on this deal. Any trespasser will be dealt with harshly. This is a straight up, let's have some fun, arrowhead collecting community shindig. We will meet in Ellinger off Hwy 71. I will judge a book by it's cover. If you look like trouble I will Donald Trump you. I don't care about your feelings. I just want to have some fun and find some heads. Chime in if this is OK with you. And I need at least 10 diggers at $20.00 EA. That won't cover my expenses but I'm not looking to make any money. I just don't want to leave any artifacts behind. I would rather see you find them and get some pics before I cover up the site. If I can't get 10 diggers I may select a few of you for a 1 day dig only. You will need a sifting screen and a shovel. No hardpack. Sand only. And as a side note, there is lithinc material everywhere. Flint flakes shell, manos, hammerstones etc...If you get any invitation you will know you are on a site.

As stated, anyday(s)is OK with me but sounds like a weekday will happen before a weekend...The sooner the better for me so mark me down for the day best for other weekday people.

All the terms still sound good except that part about bringing a shovel,,you mean there's some work involved ?

Tks for your consideration and efforts.

Sounds great! Sign me up for weekday or weekend- whatever works best. Thanks for the opportunity

any time is good with me, but i'm with H. I didnt know there would be work involved. I hope my looks will not get me kicked out before you get a chance to know me, I hav'nt shaved in about six months. my wife would like to tag along also and she is a weekend only. thanks for sharing this opportunity with us. if you need contact with us my email address is kinyonpat@yahoo.com

pat kinyon
I hope my looks will not get me kicked out before you get a chance to know me, I hav'nt shaved in about six months. my wife would like to tag along also and she is a weekend only.

The wife is definitely the BETTER half!

Anxious to hear reports from this. I bet some people end up pleasantly surprised. Good luck!!!

count me in. Best time is during week but can also handle week end. Do we need shade canopy

No criminal record for me and your terms ok with me. I think anyone on here who knows me can tell you I am a good guy. I can probably swing a weekday just need a little notice, but weekend is ok too. I'm pretty flexible and will take off whenever I need to, to go digging.

Count me in. I can do either weekday or weekend
thanks again

Weekend or on Mondays for me.

Anytime is good as long as i can have little notice on the date!

As always ill be more than happy to smoke a bunch of meat and bring sides. Hal il pack sardines for ya so as you wont need ANY BREAKS. Thanks for the consideration FP i know its a stretch allowing folks on your land.

![/quote]
are you mad at me Tony, you hav'nt replied to my email?

lunkerbrad

fresh pic of Pat man you need to shave brother .
Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

and Brad, I am really dissapointed that you would post a pic of me on this site!!!
it looks like I have hairy breasts, I guess I am going to have to be the next contestant on the biggest loser.

pat kinyon

!

are you mad at me Tony, you hav'nt replied to my email?[/quote]
Email? what email address? Gmail? I only use that for Google Earth. I'll check it soon though!

Hal, send me your email.

i dream of fresh midden lol or sand for that matter

timing is everything, up till now I had no screen to work with. I hope Flint Pig gives me a couple weeks, then I will be screen rich. just happened to be on the back porch smoking and saw these headin for the dumpster, lucky me..
PhotobucketPhotobucket
some type of a welded aluminum bed frame, well made and light.

if not pat ive got a nice on wheels!

its always the one with no teeth.... so I say ernie, no pearly whites shinin in that smile.

So Flintpig, is it a go?

brio
So Flintpig, is it a go?

Steady Folks, we dont know Flint's personal time commitments...

Plus did anybody think to check the weather report for right though the weekend ??....RAIN POSSIBILITIES.
( and perhaps a dryout time after the rain stops )

Sorry Hal, gettin ancy... Only have a couple more weeks of freedom til I start residency- then it will be no hunting for a few yrs

brio
I start residency- then it will be no hunting for a few yrs

WHAT .. ...ANOTHER somebody condemed to the New Zealand wastelands ?

take your time flint diggers arent going anywhere!

My buddy Rob and I can do Thursday or Sunday

I keep expecting to see a lucky group of awesome pics from the site