Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
¿Proper way to ask?

Ok diggers I have a place that I'm interested in digging on. What proposition usually gets someone access to someones land without turning their nose up and asking you politely to leave their property? Any help is always appreciated!

Re: ¿Proper way to ask?

Thanks lunker. This place that im interested in, the owner is a board of director at the place I work so it might just be fine. Do you think If I just ask to walk around and look for artifact is a negative question? Some ol timers think you should just leave that stuff alone if you know what I mean. Also which brushy creek are u talking about near Thorndale or is it a town?

"The answer is always NO, until you ask!"
My approach has been, "I'm a rock hound that just likes to look around"...which is not evasive or a lie. Offering to help around their property or bring something from town helps too.

One property that I take my kids swimming at, started out as a place I wanted to hunt. Even though I wasn't finding anything, I still made sure I was taking a cedar out here and there, clearing a fence, etc. each time I was out there. After not being there for a couple of weeks, the landowner called and asked where I had been. He had taken notice that I was an asset. And, I think he was just missing the chips and hot sauce I took him each time I went out there.

My motto is...always, always, always show appreciation and never take a property for granted.

dang i thought someone was asking how to get permission from parents to marry the daughter.

Nope did that 10 yrs ago lol

travis mcgaughey
dang i thought someone was asking how to get permission from parents to marry the daughter.

That's bout what it feels like these days!

just ask. Be up front with your intentions and be honest. At least 30% of the diggers that come out will tell me honestly how broke they are. I have been there myself many times and I have more respect for them just for honesty. Cade called me two years ago. He introduced himself and then told me, "I love to dig but I don't have any money", he has been digging ever since.

Hey Roland your a badass, though i was out diggin a new pay digg the other day and hit some already dugg dirt. Somehow i needed to blame you lol thanks alot.... Im greatful people like you exsist