Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Cwell's 5-16

Went out to the rock shop for half a day ( 12 hours )

Extent of digging by end of day, Larry for scale

Photobucket

This pic fits left ( < ) of above pic.

Photobucket

Larry is progressively moving throw dirt / rocks from undug areas.

Photobucket

Start of day, a narrow strip was still there from last week where John & I had good finds.

Photobucket

Took right on an hour to remove the overhang and clear a good wide working patch

Photobucket

Sho nuff, there's the layer of snail, bone ( arrow )and a flake of flint.

Photobucket

'Good spot' in the back ran dry..moved back up front...
FINALLY something !

Photobucket

A Montell that had a hard life ( best viewed dirty )

Photobucket

Re: Cwell's 5-16

wow Hal. The Rock Shop is a perfect name. Is that all midden rock or is the site just naturally rocky? I've found a point or two that looked better left dirty HAHA! Sorry you didn't find another basetang trying to get in your way of digging. i noticed yesterday that you had said much of anything on the forum and I though "He's out at Cantwells".

Hey hal its jayradd what kind of specialty tools would you recommend? For the cement.

jayradd
Hey hal its jayradd what kind of specialty tools would you recommend? For the cement.

This tool, from Home Depot, has worked well for me at CCC's...

I almost forgot ,,,,there was a fellow named David there today also, been here before.

Photobucket

Took him about an hour to clear a fresh area under old throw rocks ( dirt )...but a find right off

Photobucket

Good one, not sure of type, sort of Morrillish base.

Photobucket

He was following the trail

Photobucket

One Bobcat can make a lot of difference. Long as Larry was doing some landscaping up front, he was kind enough to help David with several tons of pure rock on top of his dig area.

Photobucket

Just backing up getting down to the original soil level.

Photobucket

New invention that still needs some 'tweeking'..Thats a really nice insitu sticking out in the dark of an overhang, illuminated by the new spotlighter.
unfortunatly the camera cant handle the contrast

Photobucket

Just a good scare, either a big tip or a blade base..good rehearsal.

Photobucket

A worked down Montell

Photobucket

A surprise visitor, a youngish Ensor, found where it belongs, high, Not in the low snail layer.

Photobucket

Davids finds up to my leaving time. Big pieces on the right are fat knives ( squaw knives ? )

Photobucket

leetle closer

Photobucket

After graduation pic while loading vehicle, David kept poppin them out

Photobucket

Photobucket

David's been here before, kept his finds seperated by day. Todays finds will take up some more space..

Photobucket

Great news to help Snoop & Gilbert a bit easier..

YOUR rich 'test hole was at least 30 feet from the one I was accused of pirating.
Both David and Larry were there to see your finds, in fact
YOUR test hole qualifies as being 'out front' more at the edge of the mound, only about 15 inches deep at the most. This subject was clarified when I found my Montell, said to be about 9 feet from your
original hole.
Another PS;;
David was also there last visit when that team found a terrific big base tang more towards the back but still in the 15 inch deep outer ring.

Nice digging with you Hal. Had a great time! Who ever jumps in the hole I was in and digs outward will have a great day. The ensor was my first find in the upper layer since I have been digging there. 95 percent of my finds have come from on top of or in the clay and snail layer under the mound. I have seen points around the perimeter come from as shallow as 6 inches. Good luck everyone and thanks for the great pics Hal!

Well im not sure it was my hole i went down about 2.5 feet in that one it was towards the right of the mound though, hell if your a pirate im one eyed willie ive been in more folks holes than wilt the stilt

Snoops original hole was still in the midden and about 2.5 feet deep. It was a great hole for some folks. I witnessed 2 whole points come out right after snoop left. Dang the luck. Snoop, you have to set up a full day dig because it seems that the points don't start rolling out until after several hours of digging. I didn't find my first whole point that day (4 hours)until after you and Marcus left. Nice diggimg with you though.

I agree david i tend to do too much with my work schedule. Im never worried about others finding things it makes me happy. Im certainly going to get out a whole day soon if you dont work hard you wont find em. I hope i didnt come across rude having pride in starting a good hole beleive me im humble i get thrilled when any artifact is found weather i find it or not. I may go out tommorrow hopefully its a good mojo kind of day!

Points cleaned up!

nice score david!