Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
More Knives

These are some more finds from back in the '80's. Local points found surface hunting. Matamoros, Kinney, Catan, Desmuke, and an Angostura thrown in for good measure and to add a little Paleo to the mix.

Re: More Knives

Excellent finds Ken. I like the different colors. Thanks for the show

Good show Te. Thanks for the look.

Thanks guys, that was a lot of miles walked to find that many. And cactus thorns.

heck of a collection of nice knives!! what part of the country was all this searching taking place?

Brush country, South Tx. Frio county area. I hunt it and LaSalle with a little in Dimmit. Most luck in Frio but these knives are the majority of what we find around here.

Knives in S. Texas from the days when buffalo/deer would be the main course. I'd imagine many thousands of years ago that area was packed with protein on the hoof.

Good show as always T

Ken, you are going to offend some, by posting pics of artifacts on here, i guess you know? Here's one of mine to share, one of my oddest points ever.
Photobucket

I know what you mean. Whatcha got there,looks almost like a San Patrice?

we never quite figured it out?

I just can't picture this thing being attatched to an arrow??

Re: we never quite figured it out?

Possible one time use tool, something made for one specific purpose. Small shaft straightener or other woodworking tool?

here's another one for you Ken

Photobucket

Re: here's another one for you Ken

That was a heavy duty monster, sure hate to be the skinny little Indian that had to try and throw that thing.