Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A few more Frio Co. Finds. Part 2

Some that I found back in the mid-'80s surface hunting on the San Miguel creek.

Re: A few more Frio Co. Finds. Part 2

You've got a great collection, e****ally whjen you found them youself. Wish I had that opportunity years ago when I was younger, as I've bought 99% of my collection.

Who Knew ....what some people keep under their Bed ??
What a great selection including absolute classic designs of Carrizo, Castroville and Montell

You had us all fooled with all that poor suffering business of the "king of stemless points "

A little sneaky Hal. Didn't post all of them a couple of years ago. Gotta remember, this is over 30 years of surfacing so you do amass a few points. Still the unstemmed ones outnumber these by a long shot.

I think "WOW" pretty much sums that up

good show. what is the id of the point at 11 o clock of the montell frio centerpiece group?

nice material Ken!

I love that root beer flint! Thanks for sharing!

Re: nice material Ken!

T.E. man what a frame, but what I'm really missing are the jokes... its been since mid march!

I got them, will post some pretty quick.

Sandman, you mean the long skinny one? It has Paleo flaking and a ground base but haven't a clue. It's another one I never could find in any book.

well it a type that i haven't seen,but i am still in the leearning stage, hey i'd like to hear some jokes too!!

Ken those are some killer points with awesome colors. Man I wish I was hunting back in the 80's. I was little then.

Nice Frame

I found my first point back in the late '50's at Trinity Lake. Dang, guess what? It was an unstemmed blade. That should have given me a clue on what my future held in store.

Wow T nice show!!

You're dating yourself there Ken, careful!

I'm only 20, just took me nearly 60 years to get there. Been told more then once by Flicker that I still haven't grown up.

Very nice!!!

Thanks Chris. Back in the 50's and 60's there wasn't as much interest in artifacts or literature about them as there is today. More of a novelty back then, Indians were viewed as seen on TV.
My dad told me that when he was a kid back in the late teens that they'd tie the points to sticks and throw them. Later he said that there's no telling how many Plainviews met their doom while he and his brothers were playing cowboys and Indians.

San Miguel in eastern Frio county. It's mentioned several times in Hester's books as an Indian thorough fare. I've found several large camps in this ranch, another case of Paleo to Pre-historic points all found together on the surface. It does end up on the northwestern side of Choke Canyon.