Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
THANKS AUSTIN DIGGERS

ohhh the memories, I have recently posted on the eccentric, and the evans post. memories are what it is all about... my favorites have been and have something related to Indian artifacts, like, the bad roads of louisianna, armadillo's sooo bad that there were actually a bounty on their ears, old timers that dont like younguns messing around with their rotton leaves and night crawlers. my first experience with the wild boar hogs, bears, and having a dad that let me experience them on my own with some great advice. looking in red ant beds for turqoise beads, finding crazy amounts of pottery.I would really like hearing what the folks on this site have experienced along the way. young and old these are what keeps us coming back for more and more. I want more, I want more than just the pics I want the DIRT.

Re: THANKS AUSTIN DIGGERS

Here is one for you Pat, sitting at the local watering hole listening to two old farts talking about going arrowhead hunting. I am thinking how can I go? So I just asked and ever since then I have added some of my best friends in my life. I have had so many laughs and I mean LOL that it is to hard to count them all. I have picked up the art of knapping (still learning). I have got to go to TJ's, CCC, Rolands, The Toe Nail, The TP, Nacho's, Ledge Water, Digg Fest and many shows. This hunting has brought me closer to my Grandfather and my Uncles. I have got to see so much wild life and I am not just talking about time hanging with the Hog Crew. I have over 6 frames of artifacts. It has just been a blessing to have this in my life. I would follow you Pat in saying thanks Austin Diggers.

well I was hoping for a few more stories to enjoy but noooo all I get is my friend calling me an old fart,sooo with that being said thanks for your response! you big klutz. looking forward to being there a few days next week. finding out the big lone hill is on the new exploration, PRICELESS... by the time i get there next week i will have google earthed the heck outta that place.

Pat, give us a chance, from one old fart to another....when I first got to do some digging, I never found anything except chips, btw it was at digfest '07, but I got to meet a lot of folks that knew what they were doing...I met a couple of folks that would sit and explain their methods of finding points, usually at the morning gathering for coffee, I bought a lot of points from the various sites and some books and we were off to the races...lol. Now, I can't go anywhere with rocks on the ground that I don't look for points. This is a very addicting hobby and I have had the chance to meet so many folks from all over and view thier collections... Thanks michelle and hal for many an enjoyable evening just looking and watching the threads....goat