Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
slow board, a few of my all time favorites

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: slow board, a few of my all time favorites

Those are the peak of Paleo beauty. What type is the first one, a Golondrina? Paleo flaking shows the pride they took in their points.

This is the very first point i ever purchased, thought i paid a lot for it at the time, $75.

a href="http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/summers713/?action=view¤t=dwain-1.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket

It's still a beauty. I've seen, courtesy of a friend of mine from Cal. several frames in a museum there in Klamath Falls Oregan, of obsidian points, real killers, translucent and transparent points that are unbelievable in quality or workmanship. Obsidian had to be the top choice of any knapper in material, next up would be agate points.

tell me this Ken?

Why don't any of the rats like our post?

Re: tell me this Ken?

I guess they don't realize that Michelle started this web site to discuss Indian artifacts and post and view their finds. Even the background is arrowheads. It's not a fish, pig, or any other non-flint related web site. It's been a flint site for all the years that you, I, and the rest of the old time members have been on it. It needs to get back to artifacts, there's other sites to post non-flint subject matter.

lets have a Amen!

Well said my friend! I'd like to see some of the old timers & good solid contributers come back. Do you think Mike W. or Tom H. will come back?

Re: lets have a Amen!

Got an email from Glen that he'd talked to Mike a month ago, still tied up with projects. Sure miss him at the artifact shows. I hadn't heard from Dr. Hester in a while, last time he posted here was on that Jetta point. Always enjoyed his input. Think his new book is coming out around mid-year and he's going to have some book signings scheduled.

Hey Glen, what is the material from the point in pic #6? I have a round end knife of same material

Yeah, Dr. Hester and Mike need to check in ever once in awhile. Both of their opinions are respected.

alibates

Dr. Hester had a pretty good write up on the Clear Forks, interesting read on a tool. Other then woodworking, it was used for skinning, bone work, and plant processing.

What type of material is the Angostura type made of?

Oops. sorry, missed Larry's question on the same point. Not a familiar flint in this area. Still, it's a really neat flint.

ken are you talking about the brown one?

That ones a mystery to me. It has some of the best flaking of any point in my collection. The purple one was the one Larry questioned, i think?

Re: ken are you talking about the brown one?

Yep, that's it. Almost looks like some of the fossilized coral I've seen before.