Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
CCC on 05/15 and my Cousin's collection from Dimmit and Webb county.

I surfaced hunted at Chrisner's on Sunday and spent the night before going down to Gruene for a week with my family on the river. Its really nice to be able to surface hunt such a large area. The pottery piece may be from something modern.

insitu scraper

painted bunting

My cousin is from south Texas and he brought up his collection to show me. He found these surface hunting in Dimmit and Webb county mostly.

Re: CCC on 05/15 and my Cousin's collection from Dimmit and Webb county.

Dang Chris, is that a couple of pieces of Clear Forks in the mix? Good finds. Like the ones your cousin found too. Dimmit and Webb are the next counties over, hot beds of artifact finds.
Those painted buntings show up once in a while around here. Surprising to see such a colorful bird in the brush.

Nice going Chris, good finds, good report. Is that bird limited in range in TX? cant say as I have seen any in
the CenTx area

The painted buntings are migratory. They come through in the spring and stop to nest and have their young. they like thick cover. Also they prefer the small millet seeds. We have a few every year stop by. The females or usually solid green, but this year I have one that has a little orange coloration on her breast. The young are also green. Did anyone else just get up and watch the space shuttle and space station go over ?

Good collection Chris. Looks liek it was fun. And I like that painted bunting too.

Great finds, thanks for sharing, look forward to seeing more of your post!

Love the bunting thanks

Thanks for the comments everyone! Tehuacana, I think these may be scrapers because they do not have the 45 degree bit on the end. I'll post a clear fork gouge that I found up here at Fall Creek tonight when I get home from work.

Tehuacana, I think this might be a clearfork gouge. I'm not sure on how to tell them apart from scrapers sometimes.

It does have a gauge / scraper look to it. I think the best CF examples have one side dead flat from a flake face. Still it's no heartbreaker