Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
just got to post some from the past!

this one here was found at ledgewater a few years back, it has a twist in it that has always amazed me, very aero-dynamic!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

this one came from ledgewater as well

Photobucket

and this is one of my first finds, surface hunting in milam county, found in a dozer track where some trees had been dozed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next week i plan on making some dust and hopefully finding some new flint!

Re: just got to post some from the past!

WOW, very nice. ledge water also has a very special place in my heart because it was my very first dig of my life.. from there to the apple orchard, to every place since i've never looked back.. but now hind sight IS 20 20!!

That's one mean looking Pandale. More twist then I've seen on most of them. Hester has it as the only point that was made with a deliberate torque. Other points get torqued or beveled by re-sharpening, the Pandale is intentionally made that way. What's the second point, looks like an Angostura? Is the base ground? Some nice finds.

It is a Friday blade. I had alway thought it to be a angostura, but sent it off came back a friday blade!

I do have to say this about that site, they definately learned from their fore fathers, and were napping MASTERS at that site...

I agree, got to go a couple of times, heard there was close to 3000 points come out of there, just one beautiful spot.

and in my opinion, there are 3 times more to be found on that location.. there is still one of the largest campsites untouched on that piece of property, that i have ever seen.. some lucky person has that placed leased just for that pupose. thats the reason we have not been able to dig, but just surface. its been 2 years + since we've been back but our favorite place to camp is under the big oak just below the pavillion just west of the zip line/ rope swings. or was it a pecan tree, now im second guessing myself. all i know is Michelle this would be a dream place for a digfest. it is one of the most beautifull places in my opinion in the state of Texas.

That's the skinniest Friday I've ever seen.

wow pat, that is great, maybe someday there will be some more activity out there, we camped there and one Sunday afternoon after digging took a dip in the creek, a little time on the rope swing and had the time of our life!!
Techuana? by now you should realize that the i.d. of points is not my strong point! cause i'm still in the leearning stage. lol i would say oak, just at the crest of that knoll behind the oak my wife found a real nice bird point!!

I'm no expert either. More familiar with South Tx points since I'm right in the midst of them. Have hunted from Mexico to Montana and have found found some real nice points but have to check out the books to ID most of the non-local points. Even then, variations and useage tend to change even the most common points into unfamiliar shapes.

Thats even some good memory stories to go with the excellent workmanship. Yet MORE examples of the fine
craftsmanship the people out that way put into their tools. Beautiful

I've never heard of Ledgewater before, where's it located?

it's in between barksdale and rocksprings, about 10-12 miles out of barksdale on 55, i believe they have a web site.