Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New points

I dug all of these points at my site in coleman county.

Re: New points

Very nice! That a lot great points and blades. Is that all from one trip?

Awesome points

What's the closest town to your dig site? My father used to have a ranch in Okra, TX, between Carbon & Rising Star. We used to find some field grade points surface hunting, but never anything of this quality.
Thanks for sharing

Badger ask if I would post some of my new stuff so I just pick out some of the nicer points that I have dug in the last 4 months. The closest town is Santa Anna.

Calvin. You have a really great collection. I wish I could find a nice Paddle Drill like yours. Thanks for posting ! Keep em coming.

Once again, nice points. Do you have something to use as a size reference to go along with the points?
The dart point 10:00 o'clock of the paddle drill appears to possibly be a Zephyr. If so, they date back to 9,000 years ago according to overstreet. I'm familiar with some areas around Zephyr Tx. And have often wondered if this is where it got it's name.

Yes it is a Zephyr. There seem to be a lot of them around here. I do not know where the name comes from, but I have thought the same thing.

The biggest blade is right at 4 1/2" long. Yes HS there are a lot of point types and blades coming out of the site, but I am still hoping for that CT. I have only found one Paleo point at this site. The Paleo is a Midland or Plainview. I will post a photo of it later.

Good ones

Your talking Zephyr, Ovrsts notes say also called locally called a ' Mahomet ' whoever that is ( might be
a Saudi ? )

Could that be a Zep drill on the L ??

Wish I owned a Zephyr / Mohomet