Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rodgers COA

Was wondering what the protocal was for getting Dwain to paper some points? Price, money order/check, and what he needs for description. Thanks in advance

Re: Rodgers COA

front page under dealers link!

Post up a picture!

It's a bone fish hook I found last Labor Day. I posted it several months ago here. I showed it to Dwaain at the Temple show last weekend and he said he would paper it. I have some other things that i would like to paper as well. I realize the info is in the Dealers links, just wondering if anyone else had the "skibby" on what to do. I failed to ask, just excited he looked at it and appreciated it. I will try to post some pictures, more of a looker than a poster! Thanks for the interest!

my consideration of Dewaine, is every time you see him at a show you shake his hand and you tell him who you are. send in your artifacts. maybe someday he will be as friendly as the next person, but in his field he see's so many people that are just interested in the fact that he papers points and dont give him credit for being a human being. He will ALWAYS seem guarded in his responses. I for one am tired of hearing how conceeded he seems. I have heard from many a person that he will open up if you will just give him some room to breathe. I am not attacking you personally Paul, I just have to get that off my chest...

I had a simple question! Didn't want any drama, just a simple question on how to get my "POINTS PAPERED"! Not attacking you personally PAT, Just getting it off my chest! Sorry I asked! END OF DISCUSSION!! Not a trouble-maker, just like arrowheads and no DRAMA!!

ditto Paul

WTF are you trying to say Kinyon? Paul wanted info to get a COA, not your opinion of Dwain's personality. I'm sure Dwain gets bombarded with folks approaching him at shows, how he handles it, well that's up to him. I've never met him personally, but i've had some very nice phone conversations with the gentleman. Paul, good luck on your COA & please post some pics.

Re: ditto Paul

I was wondering what that was all about too.

Re: ditto Paul

Someone emailed me and thinks that they are banned.. I haevn't banned anyone letely.. the board is screwed uop because of the update with the servicer that I didn;t have anythign to do with

IF people are having problems posting or think they are banned. its NOT ME ! Its the server and the message board that is having issues and hopefully will be repaired when they get out the bugs

-Michelle

Paul S.
I had a simple question! Didn't want any drama, just a simple question on how to get my "POINTS PAPERED"! Not attacking you personally PAT, Just getting it off my chest! Sorry I asked! END OF DISCUSSION!! Not a trouble-maker, just like arrowheads and no DRAMA!!

As an outsider, looking in, I think what Pat's tryin to say is that there is no "standard protocol" and that he was simply giving his straight forward view of dealings with this gentlemen and ,in his opinion, a better way of approaching him for getting points papered. Which, in my opinion, is better than saying, "Heck, just give him a call or knock on his door!", knowing that is probably not the best approach.
Personally, I think Pat was doing the folks at AD a favor and certainly not trying to create any drama.
Everyone here's is definitely on edge and we certainly don't need anymore drama, IMO (and in Pat's opinion also, I'm sure).

+ one Tony

First of all, I have been trying to respond to this message since I saw I should have been more diplomatic with my response and this is the first time I have been able to send a response since this was posted.
Michelle my sincerest apologies!!
Paul S. I apologize to you as well. I guess I should have clarified. it was the Luling show that was the straw that broke the camels back for me, where I heard several people that did'nt have the common courtesy to bad mouth Dwain face to face instead were talking about him behind his back. this is not the first show where I've seen this and I saw this post and you asking about the protocall and thought this would be a good place to talk about why Dwain is so guarded if you see him out and about and just hand him an artifact to look at.
rgs,you are correct about how Dwain handles his buisiness is up to him. I was not trying to do that, but was trying to explain why he seems so guarded,AND I was not giving an opinion of his personality, I dont know him well enough to do that...

Pat, you big Hamburger..! .. ..

See if you can handle this COA ( Cume Odd Animal ) any better ...

Photobucket

I was eyeball to eyeball with him on the rim of the overhang ...he was watching the digging !

Or possibly trying to decide how he was going to drag me home

Scientific name :Coleoptera
Common Name:Ironclad Beetle
Or as we call them when we find them in the brush, the good old click bettle. That's a worthy find Hal, worth framing or at least putting a leash on for a new pet. Some of those puppies get pretty big.

I wonder why Texas only has 1 expert it seems on COA'ing arrowheads? It's such a large state you would think there would be room for more.

Doesn't look like there's a lot of them out there anywhere, not just Tx. Not a real competitive market is it?

signing your name to a document of certification carries alot of responsibility's. I believe it takes a lifetime of learning and studys.

That makes sence. With the economy not doing well I bet it can be tough to make a living. You would have to COA a lot of points to pay the bills.

sandman
signing your name to a document of certification carries alot of responsibility's. I believe it takes a lifetime of learning and studys.

I agree. It seems like there is no room for error on a COA. You would have to be very knowledgeable to get it right each and every time.

This will be my last say on this, my opinion..... Dwain is the best in the buisness as Texas points are concerned,He is a Knapper in his own right and has put his time in teaching the art. I believe that Flo Town with his knowledge of the art of Knapping could also put his name on a few points. all I know is shapes, and that gets me close, but the intricate details will ALWAYS elude me. The art of finding them, Are my PASSION...