Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Paleo Point

This is the only Paleo Point to come from my dig site. It is 2 1/4" long. I found it in the center of the camp. I don't think I was the first person to find this point. Other points to come from this site have been : Carrolton, Darl, Bulverde, Zephyr, Frio, Ensor Split Base, Ensor, Jetta, Montell, Pedernales, Castroville, Nolan, Early Triangular, Perdiz and Huffaker. I think it is a Midland. What do you think?

that's a real heart breaker

Beautiful workmanship & a great find. What part of Texas are you digging?

Re: that's a real heart breaker

Could be midland or Plainview nice find.

coleman county

that has to be one of my favorite river systems. I love the colorado, its like the ultimate hiway systems for our ancestors........just like I 20 or I35 is today and I'm a firm believer its why our hiways are placed where they are.ohh and by the way flint pig your just a few hours away on the same system.......I have more than local knowledge, PLEASE someone give me a chance. I take great pics.

Re: Paleo Point

calvin Brown
I don't think I was the first person to find this point.

Does this mean what I think it does ?..

I'm personally a big believer that if an unusual point is found out of date strata,,,it was brought there by
someone that brought it home to say " Hey Mom, lookit
this funny shaped thing I found today "

If so in your case,,,is that a sure sign that there is a Paleo camp within a short walk from where your primary site is ?

Beautiful find, the impact fracture doesn't take anything away from it's intristic value...
Mammoth bone is really hard.