Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
for flo-town

flo-town, I remember you saying that you always liked working in differant flints and I was wondering if you had ever worked with crystal quartz....I have recently seen a clovis made from quartz and was wondering if I provided the material, would you be interested in trying your hand at it? We can work out the details as time goes by....thanks

Re: for flo-town

I was at a knappin one time and I met a group of profesers there studying at the Gulat site. One of the guys was working a quartz clovis and told me 16% of all clovis points were made from different typs of quartz. He knapped it down real nice and broke it while fluteing it. I have knapped some quartz and it works fairly easy but its got to be solid no cracks or fractures and I havent worked much of it due to the lack of knappable quartz around here but I will try
Photobucket

The original SILVER BULLET

thanks for the reply flo-town.I have three or four egg sized crystals and would like to see something done with them.....it wouldn't have to be a clovis. Just something nice...let me get some pics ready and I will send them to you