Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Some broke flint

little biface and langtry i think.PhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: Some broke flint

Nice border

Langtry A, probably...BASE TANG base positively.

And possibly holding the distinction of being the SMALLEST example BT as per Ovrsts book.

Your choice of a 'scale' is noted...NOW we're all curious what you will use if you find an ANDICE ?

If i find an andice i will bust out a double eagle for scale.this is my first montel.it came out shortly after bt.PhotobucketPhotobucket

All good artifacts

Must have been an ' AHhhh ' moment when you pulled that Montell insitu all the way out

As a matter of passing interest. Some base tangs have rediculously small notches for their size and we say
'how could they be of any value'
Well there was a reproduction hafted BT at the Temple show. It was done like the pic on the front cover of your book only with the base all the way through so the little notches would catch a couple loops of the hafting material