Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
TJs SCREENDIG SATURDAY 6/25

Photobucket

How apropriote...TJ with a TJ Corner tang Banner

Photobucket

it's like seeing DOUBLE

Photobucket

Special mentions..
Second set of pts from L, check that extreme bird pt of Gman.
Tehuacana found two shaped and drilled shell 'ear ring' pieces.
R of the ear baubles ...a huge PERD...Flicker found the base of this big Perd ..THEN.NEXT LOAD OF DIRT...found the missing tip. Thats the power of

Re: TJs SCREENDIG SATURDAY 6/25

where's the close up pics!!

Wow Hal, Are there any left ? Nice job !

Trav/Hal,
Man o Man I enjoyed the dig with you guys on Sat!! CONGRATS on your finds both of you. Hal that Perd was a true SMOKER!!!!!!! I will try and post some close up pics later. The dig was a fair, honest dig, in my opinion. A solid A dig, with a lot of good folks and some really nice artifacts. A special thanks to TJ and Cyrus for their efforts. They both worked their butts off to bring the points to the diggers. None of this staying out of an area or bringing dirt from a dry hole, if you wanted dirt from the bird point area you got it, if you wanted dirt from the Archaic area you got it. Simply put, I was happy with the dig and the effort.
Thanks again TJ, see ya soon, like Tuesday:)

gman-Gordon

sandman
where's the close up pics!!

Film processor going pretty slow, here's the first closeup available, a Perdiz, grain of rice for scale..

Photobucket

Plenty more dirt remaining, TJ said he could go clear around the outer perimeter. Only problem, as of this writing, the current dig permit expires this coming Wednesday

I cant get pics to post. If someone will send me an email Ill send them to you for posting.doubleplay444@yahoo.com
Thanks

gman

Cyrus' tailgate in the parking area was the after hours center of interest

Photobucket

Photobucket

Loisiana Jim, Jamie, Tehuacana, Wayne and clean as a whistle, Travis 1

Photobucket

Gee Ten stopped to get a stone out of his shoe ...a perd base !

Photobucket

Next 4 pics, an attempt to get close ups ...No good, many are off screen or not at all...but I cant redo it now

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

TJ & Nicole's finds from We & Th

Photobucket

For some reason TJ did not want to put his finds out on the tailgate

Looks like I'm snarling in that pic. Man, Hal, you always manage to get me at the worst time.
Still, those are some great pic's, even one with Flicker trying to sneak off the side and out of camera range.

A big WOW to all the great finds! gman those birds are the BEST especially the needle tip one. Man it just exciting to see all those points. congrats to yall and to tj for having such a fine dig.

Tehuacana & Flicker had a reserved table to start.
Note all clean clothes, bright eyed & bushy tailed

Photobucket

The TX panhandle pavillion..Wayne & Regina -- JD & Janie

Photobucket

Gman, TJ & Zack watch Travis record a find
Nicole #2 in the back still enroute. Flicker on the extreme right

Photobucket

Cyrus examines a giant Perd base, note giant drink

Photobucket

Louisiana Jim found a point that was sticking out just as the dirt was put on the table..neat

Photobucket

A rickety old picnic table & benches was a busy spot in the cool dense tree shaded trail

Photobucket

Montell Pat did his share of work to push some of Palmer's ranch through a screen. TJ checking Pointfinders screening style.

Photobucket

Mrs Travis, Lucky Lacy joined in at the end of the day just to get the job done quicker...
Her reward for a hard days shopping in Fredricksburg was to be a dinner at a posh restaurant. She already had on her evening attire
GeeTen & Gman slaving away at the neighboring pavilion

Photobucket

Many hands make light work. Look at that pile of dirt,no need for high heels to reach the table top.

Photobucket

BINGO...true to her name of ' Lucky '...a big Perd was found..

Photobucket

AND....It was already washed

Nice show Hal, thanks for sharing!

All situ related situations...without commercial interuption

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

THE END

Hal, that's an awesome post. Great pics. I wish I had waited to make my video now. I would have copied your pics and uploaded them to the video. I'll remember next time we dig. Awesome shots Hal! I will have to show Lacy that she is on an OFFICIAL AUSTIN DIGGERS post...

thanks Hal for the sweet post!!!They are knocking them out again today at Pipe Creek with TJ.

gman

Dam, that took a long time to get down to this new posting.

Tailgate BF ( before flint )

Photobucket

Travis must have been expecting some very special flint finds. Checkout this extravagant flint box

Photobucket

Like a miniature coffin...bet the original Gower family member never gave his point such loving care

Photobucket

.............TRAVIS

Photobucket

LET'S GET GOING

Hal, Lacy loves this post!!