Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Black Flint

Question: Why is the best knappable Edwards flint very dark or black(i.e. Georgetown and Brushy Creek varieties) and what is the black component?

If you can't answer that then here is an easier question:

Three men go to a restaurant for lunch to celebrate the 4th of July

When paying the bill it was $30 so each man gave the waiter a $10 bill

The waiter takes the $30 in $10 bills to the cashier who says there is a mistake as today there is a discount for parties and the bill is only $25

He hands back the waiter five $1 bills

The waiter thinking he will not get a tip puts two dollars in his pocket and gives each man back a dollar

So each man has only paid $9 for his lunch

Three times 9 is 27 and the waiter has two dollars which makes 29

Where did the other dollar go?????

Re: Black Flint

Google to the rescue;
Color is determined by the altered watery solutions in formation.
Black is metalic sulfide.
Yellow through orange, brown and red is metal oxides. ( same as ochre colorations )
Best workability depends on the crystaline structure ( unless modified by heat treating )

Google failed to find the missing $

$8.33x 3 = 25.00....each man got back a dollar, plus two dollars for the waiter=30$

From what I know, the dark cherts are the best to knap. Could be that the situation that results in the metal oxides is also a good one for the crystallization?

Larry
$8.33x 3 = 25.00....each man got back a dollar, plus two dollars for the waiter=30$

Good n nuf, its a trick question, the $27 dollars that the men pay includes the $2 dollar tip. ($25 for the meal $2 tip). 25 2=27 and they each get 1 dollar back.

Larry

I figured it out all by myself I logged on to make a report and I found that Larry is a faster typer than I am...
Only took me 5 hours

men paid 25 for meal plus 3 dollars back = 28 plus two in waiters pocket = 30