Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
GEORGIA FOLKS = LUCKY FINDS

GOOD LUCK WAS IN THE CARDS FOR THE FOLKS FROM GEORGIA TODAY....CHECK OUT THE GOODS...

Re: GEORGIA FOLKS = LUCKY FINDS

Practically a tailgate of finds. That makes for a good Tx vacation for those Georgianites. ( or anybody )

The 'Frio' with the mouse ears might be the MERRILL variety. (?)

Good show

Strike while the shovel is hot

I talked to Roland yesterday. He had the Bobcat remove several tons of dirt overburden to get down to the pay
dirt. I have ALWAYS had reasonable success on visits to lot 16 but most of my time was wasted getting under the old dirt. NOW it's straight into the good zone and we can see there are good finds.

Anyone interested at a shot at it before it gets too messed up ? I may head down there tomorrow ( We 7-12 )
but might put it off til Friday if anyone else interested.

Plan on at least 1 night ( 2 + ? )camping, bring your own food & grog

Post if interested.

Definitely looks Merrill!

Big discussions...( using up valuable dig time )

Photobucket

Landscape engineers Zach & Doug

Photobucket

Zach came across a 1/4 inch tip that needed some delicate tweeking

Photobucket

Is it just a broken tip ?

Photobucket

All there

Photobucket

A Gower

Photobucket

Here's something not often found. It's the blade section of a broken Kerrville knife.
The working edges are worked just a fine as a quality Montell. Where the break is, the side flare out to meet the hand nodule part. ( flint nodule placed on right to symbolise the missing piece )

Photobucket

Finds from the previous day were washed in the hotel pool and nicely put in display cases.
I thought " thats the power of positive thinking "...they brought just enough empty cases from Georgia to acomodate the finds )

Photobucket

Very poor color pickup on the base tang. It's really very strongly marbled.

Photobucket

Top middle point in the small frame is a rare ALMAGRE, only one of three known to have been found at this site.
The Doug family surface finds from Georgia can be seen in the posting just brought back near this report date.

Our trip to texas was an exciting one, Roland was an incredible host and has one of the best dig sites there is .We wish we had more time to dig with Hal because of his knowledge and expertise of artifacts in this area. We were treated with the up most respect from Hal and Roland and we look foward to going back sometime soon.

What a great bunch of artifacts. Is that a rather large Almagre in that case? I only saw one other come from the site. They are like the T-Rex of points and resemble a langtry on steroids. All excellent, all way nice and what a great dig. I hope to get back there soon to find more killers. Thanks for the great post !