Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment

Hey, newbie here. Could you guys help me with my first finds? They are from Lake Buchanan.
Thanks!!!

Re: Newbie

Meserve (aka:re-worked plainview) and a couple o tools. Congratulations on a new hobby!

Nice finds are those surface finds and if so are they from the lake being low or on private property because my aunt has a lakehouse up there and I have found a few brokes around the lake when it is low

It's from the lake being low. I found all surface hunting by the lake which all the locals said had changed dramatically.

Occasional low water on all the highland lakes attracts people of all interests, Metal detectors, fossilers,
scavengers and used car dealers.
They radically lower lake Austin every once in a while, I metal detected around the boat ramp near the dam many yrs ago. There is a SOLID sheet of iron from the dock pilings, out maybe 30 feet made out of the now outlawed can PULL TABS