Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Travis

Trying to find info on Acton dig in Hood County and was told Travis was the man to talk to.Travis can you get in touch with me so I can get info from you.Thanks

Re: Travis

I think he said he'd be in Colorado for a few days but should be back soon.

Hey Nichole. Thanks for the shout out. Send me your email and I will give you the info you need. Mine is bluesurf1978@yahoo.com. Tehuacana is right. Stopping overnight at the inlaws and then headed back home from colorado tommorow. First time to be able to access the web in 9 days. Ken, found a little point in colorado last week. Made of alibates flint. Should gave a video up on the board soon. Ken, if you ever get time I bet you could write a heck of a story on how flint made it's way across the country through trade. It's just amazing how we find Texas alibates flint from the panhandle out in southern Colorado. Must have been traded numerous times to make it all the way out there.

Thanks Travis. I'll look into it. It's kinda like that post several months back when I was asking about the trade beads.
When we were in Montana three years ago and stopped at one of the Indian jewelry tourist shops, the owner had jars full of glass trade beads that she'd found on their ranch in Wyoming. There were so many that she was actually using them in the clothing they were selling there.
Those same beads are found across the US. Courtesy of Lewis and Clark.
Might go along the same lines with trade in flint and other high quality knapable materials. That would be a highly sought after trade item in areas that were flint poor.
We did see some of the points in Steamboat Springs Colo. and those were crude, poor quality, and barely recognizable as points. I'll bet they would have gladly trades for obsidian or alibate flint.