Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
fluted paleo blade (uni-facial)...tx panhandle

found this surface hunting today in the sand hills of north west texas..near playa lakes and wind breaks...been thinkin bout clovis walkin these dunes for the past few months...I think ive got this area figured out. Obviously for surface hunting your focus in this area is gonna be water source, considering theres hardly any, only playa lakes for the most part. this blade was found approaching an old playa, however, could not find any other sign of habitation around (flakes, pottery, etc..). about 500 yards off i found another large dune by itself (no playa) and found hundreds of flakes, bone, and burnt rock...u can dig in this sand but pull up nothing but sand, everything floats to the surface..tryin to find places that havent been picked over...any way, im thinkin it would have been a better bet for them to camp a good distance from their watering holes, so they wouldnt spook out all their game...hence a good lil skinning blade at the kill. just a guess, but it makes sense..thats what i woulda done...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: fluted paleo blade (uni-facial)...tx panhandle

Well thats certainly a good analytical story to go with a nice find.
While most surfacers wish for rain looks like hot dry windstorms would do you the most good.
Interesting that you use the term " FLINT FLOATS " ..thats exactly the term I have mulled over in my early surfacing days...Have seen hundreds of flint flakes sitting up on little toad stools of dirt after a rain ( and a couple of bird points )