Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ROLANDS FINDS 7-14

Georgia Folks, this is how it went the next day after you left..
I stayed in the same area all day including a nose diving test hole..

Photobucket

Photobucket

knife base insitu

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was my find of the day, a nice blade just tumbled out

Photobucket

Here's That hot spot Angie was working was just to the left of where I was. Just before I left took a last look.

Photobucket

I spotted a little speck of flint just up and to the right of that little ' Table '

Photobucket

Tough diggin under there.

Photobucket

Turned out to be just a plain Montell

Photobucket

Nothing special, it's not even translucent

Photobucket

Here is the flint wash area in the river channel

Photobucket

As soon as it rains...I'm ready

Photobucket

Re: ROLANDS FINDS 7-14

Just for comparison, this is the 'flint wash ' area on the raging Nueces River almost exactly one month ago
( 6/11/11 )

Photobucket

Practically Niagra falls

Nice show hal we sure need some rain.

Now that's one mean Montell. Just wonder how they hafted that monster?

Hal-will you be washing up that (nice) Montell and posting pictures? I have never seen one bigger...

I dont know if Hal will be washing it up. That cardboard flint reacts funny when you wash it off.
That is such a rare and large find why take a chance on damaging it!! haha
Hal, it looks like you will not be needing the goggles for a while... well maybe just to keep the dust out of your eyes!

Hal,Hal,Hal,
Returned to work today,Doug called me to tell me to pull up site, I was not going to believe what you found. I almost fell out of my chair. My co-workers thought I was crazy because all day long I was telling them ... I should have dug ten more minutes. Just 10 more! How I just missed it. So close. Thought about that huge Montell all day, got home to review that great find one more time and seen post about cardboard. YOU GOT THIS GEORGIA GIRL GOOD! What a relief now I can sleep. Loved it. They say everything is bigger in TEXAS Montells included. Enjoyed meeting and digging with you. Hope to return soon to claim that 10inch blade!

It's getting tougher to fool people anymore...Everyone already knows there is still enough water in the flint washing hole on the Nueces ( Even when completely dry on the surface, most larger drainages still have some waterflow moving down deep and in this case it
acumulates in the swimming hole dip )

Photobucket

Plenty of water for flint washing, my finds were very modest so I threw in my best Llama shadow animal

Photobucket

The Montell washed off nicely but scared the fish

Photobucket

In a group pic, the Montell really looks out of place...it's not the right type flint for this area..
it could be a planted fake

Photobucket

Here's the best blade with a fish scale

Photobucket

For more fish ONLY pics...go to " FISH ONLY " under the special topics section ( NON ARTIFACT FRIENDLY CHATTER )