Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Tresspassers

Tresspassers are getting busted on my bell county lease as I type this. Please do things right so u don't ruin it for guys like me who take the time to knock on a strangers door!

Re: Tresspassers

Not just artifact tresspassers, here's a back posting by Mike for fossilers, pet hunters and wild flower
pickers.
I just got a call from a geologist friend of mine informing me that his small group was stopped and run off by a state trooper at a road cut in West Texas. these folks were looking for fossils and sharks teeth in an exposed embankment cut. They were't fined, but just warned that it's now illegal, and were told to leave. As of Sept. 07, the Texas Legislature passed more new laws making it illegal to remove anything but trash from Texas Highway Right of Ways. This includes any kind of wild life as well, thus herpatologists can no longer collect snake specimens from along state owned roads legally either. Any State Parks or lands owned by Texas Parks and Wildlife are subject to the same. Just thouht I'd pass this along as notice/update to any not aware, as more of our rights and privilages as Texans disappear. Most of Texas lands are privately owned, so be sure to get permission/consent where you go.
Good hunting to all.

Re: Tresspassers

A legally acquired artifact with a solid provenance will always be worth more not only scientifically but also in dollars. I think its pretty sad when you see folks digging in camos and whispering on their youtube vids.. Red flag! I dont want to be shot or hauled off to jail. Its just not worth the risk. hopefully they got ran off for good.