Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
finds for 8-22-11

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: finds for 8-22-11

Love the bead if that's what it is! Nice finds

wished it was, its a metal snap button, found while screening. Thanks

Good show, Must keep the digging interesting not knowing what might show up next...Large or small

The way things are in the world today, there's probably an Ovrst style catalog for button collectors that will
ID & value it...

It seems lately most have been on the smaller side, I am wanting a nice 5in blade so bad right now, but it just not my time yet!
went out this morning for a while and found a couple, one is another perd/cross? I am posting pics of the other ones that i have found in the past, if any one has a id please let me know.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

WOW ...what a bunch of cheap Charlies at that camp ..They are all worked down, resharpened favorites ..Thats neat.

Whats your plan on displaying all the hand tools & kitchen utensils ?

I am thinking all Jetta early archaic 5000-8000 b.p.(maybe they were in recession as well)
and I am not real sure as to how the stone tools will be displayed. A few might go in frames and the most in 5 gallon buckets. Thanks

I must admit the points DO look very Jetta like. So as humble as they may be, old is good and Jettas can be
pretty rare in places.

Re the boulders....I brought up an old posting that has a pic of a display I created. See " DIGGING FINDS "
I should add that the belt is one of those woven 3 strap style, the wire hangers can be positioned as needed.

Use a B I G nail