Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
CORNER TANG CLUB CROWDED.

ANOTHER CT club member. Welcome Gee Ten, front page honoree.

GeeX buried his camera in his throw dirt..here's some more pics I took at the show N tell >>>>

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: CORNER TANG CLUB CROWDED.

congrats GEE-X. More info requested. How, When? Where? but not Why.

Sorry Trav, but there won't be any gps coordinates given out here. All I can say, is that it was a happy day in central texas.

ahhh man come on!!! man i'm glad you found it. awesome point bud!

Nice!!

nice tang. welcome to the club

Welcome to the club!!!!!

SH
ANOTHER CT club member. Welcome Gee Ten, front page honoree.

GeeX buried his camera in his throw dirt..here's some more pics I took at the show N tell >>>>

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was sorry to see that my front page find was so short lived and got bumped off. I surely would've thought a conertang was a better find than a re-worked Arkansas point.

I agree. It's like a contest. Leapfrogging over one another to see who stays on top. Thanks for the pic. Someday I hope to join the club. I have 1/2 of a corner tang. Bottom half. Guess that doesn't really count. I'll keep trying.

GeeTen

I was sorry to see that my front page find was so short lived and got bumped off.

Fame can be so fleeting, take solstance that it is forever imortalised in the cornerstone of the front page under " PICTURE OF THE WEEK ARCHIVES "

Sooo.....what county did the corner tang come from?

I guess I will have to score something just as nice as my CT to make the front page again. Something like what I found at last years digfest. I now have a new personal challenge. I can't wait for digfest!!

Flintpig, find me at digfest and maybe I will tell ya.

Won't be at Digfest, but maybe the Fred. show. Found a really nice Austin point. Want the experts to look at it. Best I've ever seen. First stage. Never used. Never resharpened. Heavy patina on one side. Other side shows the original color. Best point I ever found.

Flintpig
Found a really nice Austin point. Want the experts to look at it. Best I've ever seen. Best point I ever found.

Flint,here's a suggestion to save you some gas money and increase the value of your point by many $...

Take the point to Digfest instead of FredB ( closer )..
Bring a new indelible Sharpie marker pen.
The man that defined the Austin point ( D Rogers )and got it accepted in reference books will be in attendance.
Have him check it out AND get his autograph on one side of the point .....

A signed first edition !

Think I'll go to Digfest. Need to meet the digging community.

GeeTen

I was sorry to see that my front page find was so short lived and got bumped off.

See how long Mason has held the front page limelight with an Ensor.?
That might have been you G-X if you were younger and better looking

GeeTen
I guess I will have to score something just as nice as my CT to make the front page again.

UNBELIEVABLE.. ...He's actually on the front page AGAIN