Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Name that Point !

Its raining in Indy today so I decided to play "name that point". I know how much Hal appreciates glossing through his Overstreet. For those of you who are good with point types this will be easy. It is beveled and ground. And a large point at 3.6 inches long. Hummm. I will give you a clue..... Water...

Photobucket

Here's a picture of the other side. Who will get it first?

Photobucket

Re: Name that Point !

Hardin!

san jacinto

Williams !!!

Here's another clue... " It's not found it's".. And the material is Jaspar. Hummm. Keep guessing.

Lost Lake

And a nice one too.

I do try to avoid these ' picture ' ID's but your initial clues were so obvious I'll offer an apraisal...

You live and 'work ' in the north and 'find' your points in local flint shows...SO..that immediatly puts us in the " NC " section of the Ovrstrs..

" water "...unlike parched TX..it rains all the time ( and floods )in the north...Some of that water runs off
into Lake Superior,,, Which has some north flowing
streams to Hudson bay..
The vegEtation changes in that course to the arctic tundra variety of firs...
and thats the solution...the PINE TREE POINT

Lost Lake. Yes. A winner !!! Hal. Your Pine Tree theory will not hold water.

Idahoe
Lost Lake. Yes. A winner !!! Hal. Your Pine Tree theory will not hold water.

Not so fast Spudly ..we dont see no COA
Under the ' Pine Tree' descriptions we see a note to
"ALSO SEE 'lost lake ' " That infers some possible overlapping of types.
BUT thats a moot point, even a blind man can see that it's a FAKE.
It's been stamped out by some Beijing factory for sale at Rodeo souvenir shops...both sides are EXACTLY THE SAME. ( see pics ) All it lacks is a drilled hole in the base to put on a keychain.

I even have some doubts about that penny scale being worth a penny

That's one keen eye there SH, didn't check the flaking till after you mentioned it. Yep, identical flaking on both sides, same inclusions and hinge fractures.

Hal. Good point! This example is genuine and would be rather hard to drill. I did provide two pictures the same sides for your viewing pleasure. One for shade, the other for contrast. Although, as you point out, the overlap on specific type is a valid one. I stand corrected and will go lay down by my bowl now. I thought you never responded to my "name that point" postings? Hummm. Be ready for a dig next month. Did you consider a Kirk Side-Notch? Back to the book now...

Idahoe
I thought you never responded to my "name that point" postings?

Just couldn't resist a bit of humor at the expense of a very beautiful point. Sorry but I AM going back into ID seclusion for sure now.
Test me, post the same side of the golden Mano and see
if I respond