Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Starr Adventure Ranch - Florence

Hey there, I apprecaite all the folks coming out and the kind words I read on here about the ranch. It is great to see people enjoying themselves and having so many coming back again and again.

Last Sat had an opportunity to visit Gault for the first time and that was pretty cool. They are pretty serious there and know there stuff. I had never looked for it before and then when I found it, wow it was so close. As we did the tour, I just kept looking at my phone, the GPS just kept tracking closer. The main dig for them is just 3/4 mile from our front gate cross country. Over one ridge or just around the end of it on the same elevation. That is pretty exciting stuff to me and also that location of there sites.

The heat is breaking and I am sure there will be a lot more diggers out this fall. You are welcome and we have lots of room.

To the regulars that are out almost every week thanks. I dont take pictures of everyones finds, I kinds figure that you your business, my friends on the lakes don't give up there secrets to easy either. Repeat buisness, and Hal out here twice a week says more to me than anything else!

I will post a few pics. I do know there are three areas doing very will and so much more to discover.

I am flexible and can work out some opportunities during the week if you are interested!

See you at Dig Fest!

Craig
craighiles@hotmail.com

That one being broke was a killer, but it was not together, 2nd half found 20 minutes later.

Re: Starr Adventure Ranch - Florence

Hey Craig. I am looking forward to coming out for a dig. I am sure there are lots of great artifacts to be found. As soon as I am off catastrophe work I plan on digging for several days. That is if Hal can keep up (:

Great, I know that can keep you in the field for some time! I got my ;license but have never used it.

If you need a schedule that is matching my weekend schedule let me know I will work with you or anyone that works with me!

Craig

Good show. Finding both pieces of a point broken in antiquity is rare.
Proximity to the famous Gault is a big plus. The publicity on Gault has been so strong on Paleo, I had never seen what younger points had been there. Starr is so close ( within berry gathering range ) they must have been the same people ( or their extended families.)

Will visits to Starr be restricted due to deer season ?

Yeah we havent found many halves together ever. If it were to ever happen, im glad it happened on that piece. Ill try to get some "restoration" pics of it...we were thinking Ensor Blade...but not too sure.

Here's a cleaned up, repaired picture of the broken blade, plus another one that we found this Saturday.

That is one bad a s s blade ! Great find ! No matter if repaired or not. It's perfect. I'm thinking Serrated Ensor but what do I know.. The other I am almost sure of is a Axtel, a much older point, It's beveled.. Is the base ground?.. like early to mid-archaic. The ranch has a great variety of points. Thanks for sharing. Great finds !

VERY impressive, a good wash does wonders for some finds ( really nice work on the mending too )