Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
RAIN IN CENTRAL TX

Squall line just West of Florence Tx last evening

Photobucket

Re: RAIN IN CENTRAL TX

Hal, I could see thunderstorms way south of my front porch last night. Hope yall got some decent rain.

Cut right to the bottom line...
RAIN OR SHINE, DIGFEST IS FULLY ON, RIGHT FROM MIDNIGHT FRIDAY NIGHT

Great WX report on the evening ABC news station tonight ..
Up to 5 inches of rain forecast for the Tx panhandle > Travis' house > then on past Dallas...
Rain fall in the Austin / Centex area POINT 22 inch.

Thats less than a quarter of an inch through Sunday night.
The bad news, the burn ban still on

25 million Texans have been praying for rain for about 8 months, Centex Texs will just have to wait a bit longer. ( except Travis 1 Natch )

How 'bout that forecast. I think Digfest may be Mudfest right now. Glad I'm not driving.

I was checking out the radar and it looks like snorkels and scuba gear might be in the offing. It won't be the first wet one but it sure looks like the worst one.
We've had 3.5" since this morning. That beats the total up till yesterday for the year. We only had 3" this year till this one blew in.

Digfest must be a mess?

I've been watching this rain move across Texas the last couple of days, what a blessing! We're even getting rain here in Houston, 1" so far today, hoping that we double or triple that!

Re: Digfest must be a mess?

I got up to leave at 5:30 and checked the radar. No way was I driving to Waco in that mess. We do need the rain but I did want to make Digfest. Sounded like fun. Guess I'll watch the Texans beat up the Raiders.

Yipee!!! Now I can go back to surface hunting. Couldn't find squat with 2" of dust on the flint before the rain. This should be enough to wash them off. Wasn't even worth looking before. Every time I stopped to hunt I had 500 cows trying to get into my truck, hungry and looking for range cubes or hay.

Wished rain would help the surface hunting in my neck of the woods. Good luck. Post your finds. Always enjoy your pics.

It's been way too long since I got into a hot spot. Even the screen digs as of late have been slow. This year's drought and heat has kept everybody down so I'm hoping we can get in some good finds before deer season.

I've had a great year screening. Went a lot this summer. Got a little burnt out with the heat. Just didn't want to stop. My best finds have been this year. I'd post more pics but interest seems low. Had a box I was going to take to Digfest for Show-n-Tell.

I don't think there's been low interest, more like high heat. It's kept everything slow. Too short a cool period between summer heat and deer season but I'm gonna try and get loose. We got invites on two more ranches in Frio Co. to hunt before deer season. I need to get out there before the lead starts flying.

If you need any help, let me know. I'll always help pick up old flint littering up the place. Helping keep our planet clean is priority #1.

That's what I tell the ranchers. Saves them lots of money on flat tires running over those sharp pointy rocks. If they just let me pick them up and dispose of them property that'd really be a good economic boast for the ranch. Somehow not all of them believe me. I don't know why.

SH

Up to 5 inches of rain forecast for the Tx panhandle > Travis' house > then on past Dallas...

The WX man has to shoulder SOME of the blame but I would really like to have a few choice worlds with the math teacher that past him on DECIMALS...

That was a true, on the TV WX report. The heaviest rains were due to "sweep" past W to E. Instead the
system trained over the C3 ranch for NINE HOURS
( 0230 TO 1030 )

WOODSTOCK is etched in the history books forever and part of the lore is the crashing rains on the happy multitudes.
So now we have a " day that will live in infamy " ..
the FLINTSTOCK of 2011

SH

The WX man has to shoulder SOME of the blame but I would really like to have a few choice words with the math teacher that past him on DECIMALS...

That was a true, on the TV WX report. The heaviest rains were due to "sweep" past W to E. Instead the
system trained over the C3 ranch for NINE HOURS
( 0230 TO 1030 )

WOODSTOCK is etched in the history books forever and part of the lore is the crashing rains on the happy multitudes.
So now the world of flintdom has a " day that will live in infamy " ..
the FLINTSTOCK of 2011