Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dig locations North of Dallas

Hi all,
Any locations know north of Dallas? Wanted to get out with my son now that the weather is great and the water is low. And any equipment suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Mikey's Dad

Re: Dig locations North of Dallas

WE have seen questions about this area before, never any definite results. Suggestions usually tend to
look at locations on the Sulphur & Brazos rivers,
Sulhpur is a paleontologists ( fossils ) dream.
Google SUPHUR RIVER SHARK TEETH.
Also try SULPHUR RIVER then BRAZOS RIVER in the search block at the top of this message board.

SH
WE have seen questions about this area before, never any definite results. Suggestions usually tend to
look at locations on the Sulphur & Brazos rivers,
Sulhpur is a paleontologists ( fossils ) dream.
Google SUPHUR RIVER SHARK TEETH.
Also try SULPHUR RIVER then BRAZOS RIVER in the search block at the top of this message board.

You may be dissappointed with the Sulphur, Lots of locals keep it pretty much "picked" clean.
I hunted there years ago when it was good huntin, now if you find one partial you are lucky.
Digging for points may be difficult. Most sites I know of are off limits. Private property and most look at you like you are there to steal something.
Try some surface around the pitting operations with their permission of course. Most of them are coperative in areas where no activity is going on.

Out4gold

Sorry, I have to add another negative to Out4's report.
First week of October starts the official deer season.
Thats as sacred as football in the new Tx, landowners that will allow surfacing other times of the year will
hold off all but paying hunters.
My advice in the past has been to contact the Dallas fossil club and see what they offer. They do legal, full permission monthly field trips to some really super
locations ( including the Sulphur )
If you happen to spot a piece of flint while fossiling nobody will ever know