Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
4 SATURDAY DIGFEST PEOPLE

It's a big ranch, explore where you like ( except the big hole )..There's a clean new cut into the hillside
at the end of the paleo valley. Also right in front of the paleo shelter zone some paleo pieces have been found
( 15 feet down )

My suggestion for the fastest place to get started practicing digging and actually finding some thing is
the road rage hill. Just start in where the last digger left off...

Photobucket

Most of the area is only 12 to 15 inches deep..Lots of evidence of the surface dirt being pushed around.
There's gold in that bottom 2 inches

Photobucket

For the last 6 months, I have been digging here exclusively...I spotted this heaven sent ray of light
as a good omen to show the troops my finds.

Photobucket

All artifacts

Photobucket

These are finds up to Sept 8th. MORE are in the bucket since then.
The reviewing critics were properly impressed but what REALLY impresses me is that there are always
other diggers on that hill that are finding especially the " regulars " that I know are finding at least as much as I do...and they NEVER POST finds.

Thats an awful lot of artifacts ...and there is still a lot of hillside left.

Photobucket

To support the " more has been found "..These are the finds from the close of day ( 2 people )on Sept 15.

Photobucket

The more dirt you move, the more you will find

Re: 4 SATURDAY DIGFEST PEOPLE

Great show Hal id love a copy of the ray pic good one for sure.. I think i may explore boggy creek saturday after a couple of hours at the road..

If that doesn't bring out the diggers, I don't know what will. Everyone bring your towel.

Which spot on Christner's map is road rage hill. I'm a beginner and need to practice.

Just follow map to #4 you will notice where "the road" has been dug. It is directly behind Richards house as soon as you cross the dry creek. Don't turn right or left go straight behind the barns an you should see it. Good luck

Brent d
Just follow map to #4 you will notice where "the road" has been dug. It is directly behind Richards house as soon as you cross the dry creek. Don't turn right or left go straight behind the barns an you should see it. Good luck

Good luck is right Badger says she has " many" Emails from people arriving /digging Saturday..There
may be a traffic jam on that section of barn road !

After I finished my digfest work I still had about 1 1/2 hrs before heading home for this report.
I used the time to "test" the road rage hill where hundreds of people were due to dig Saturday..
Thankfully, I did good

item #1,

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There is now a good road track from the Camping area to the top of RR Hill.

Camping direction arrows are up for Friday night arrivers.