Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
My Liberty Hill Collection so far....

All were found at the Liberty Hill Dig site. All but 4 pieces here were found within the last 4 months part time diggin in the mornings on the mound. My Last two from this week are pictured solo at the bottom. Enjoy the Dig Fest Y'all ! Find some nice ones and Post please. Kris
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: My Liberty Hill Collection so far....

Looking good. Nice amount for the few months of work. I bet the best is yet to come. A real smoker is waiting to be found. Good luck.

Thanks Flintpig. We're down to the 5 and 6 foot depth now and flint quality is still improving. 7 pretty points and a blank / scrapper came out of a couple square yards of dirt. My last three weeks have been the best so far. Come on out to the Hill now that it's cooled off and rained. We are gonna find the smokers this month for sure! Kris

They sure look pretty and well define the people that lived at that site.

With one exception...Just about all the points are a square base variety and similar flint. That Gower is out of place and also is of a different type of flint from the others.
Would that have been from a neighboring tribe member that just fired a wild shot over the fence ?

Hi! I'm interested because I own land in Liberty Hill and recently found my first artifacts! It started me off on this new area of interest. Where are you digging in Liberty Hill?

Mary Kozik
Hi! Where are you digging in Liberty Hill?

M, I suggest you email the owners directly ( see adress on front page under PAY DIGS )
Kris & Donny are good guy's, wouldn't surprise me if they let you come out for a free look around their site
seeing as your a fellow Liberty hillian
Your bound to get some ideas for hunting your property.