Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Peruvian Pottery

Hey All! Been a while since I've posted anything (it's been a while since I've had anything to post, I've been in the bay area for the past few years and haven't managed to get out to do any looking), but I went on my honeymoon in Peru this summer and have some archeology-related pics I thought some of you might enjoy. One of our first stops was Museo Larco in Lima, where we saw a ton of great artifacts, including the most pottery I've ever seen in one place (room after room floor to ceiling of this stuff, thousands upon thousands of all sorts of pots). Unfortunately we were robbed at knife and gunpoint and I lost a bunch of the pics (of course including most of my favorites), but I do still have some (they took everything but a memory card I had stashed in a small little pocket within a pocket).

Re: Peruvian Pottery

Beautiful stuff. Hate to hear that you were so violently robbed. Glad YOU are ok.

Cool pots man, sorry about the bad news. What a shame.

Thanks Heather and G-towndigger. We were robbed on our last day of the trip so I guess that was a good thing? we at least were still able to get in a great trip before it happened.

Too bad non of those old time Incas did not visit pottery poverty stricken Texas for a pottery making lesson.
The quality of what we see in the pics is obviously top quality,The originality of the designs is boggling.

Seeing so many pieces ( just in that one museum )makes me think that they are not ceremonial but part of the daily lives of the people.
Did Mrs Inca have some of these for the families everyday use then have a set of special pieces set aside for having the girls over for a special dinner.??

Peru was an interesting different place for a honeymoon..very memorable

Hah. Thanks SH. It definitely wasn't an ideal way to end a honeymoon, but we both had an interest in Peru and managed to have a good trip despite the lousy ending. :)