Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Chrisners Cache

10-8-2011 day before DigFest was digging at Chrisners Ranch discovered a preform sticking out of the wall
Photobucket">
Finally got it out
Photobucket">
but wait looks like it was not alone
Photobucket">
Total of 6 preforms stacked all together. nice cache for me and thanks to the great group of Guys that enjoyed the moment with me, cheared me on, and kept me from going to slow by all asking me nicely to HURRY UP!!
Photobucket">
Realy was great for all of you to have shared the moment and I ask please for any photos that you may have taken to be emailed to Benoh23@yahoo.com (since I forgot my Camera at home and just got these with my phone)Thanks guys will post a pic of all 6 cleaned up later today

Re: Chrisners Cache

Fablous finds ! It's not often a cache is found. How cool is that. The Indian never made it back to further work the flint. Must have moved on or who knows what. That group will make a great display and a center-piece for any collection. Thanks for sharing the great pics.

Ben
I ask please for any photos that you may have taken

This used to be the river bed before the drought. Bills camp on the right side.

Photobucket

Ben in fire engine red shirt at the cache site.

Photobucket

Next morning, cleaned pieces in a plush cushioned new home.

Photobucket

Photobucket">

Longest Blade 4 1/2"

Thanks to Pat Kinyon more great pics

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Very nice. Don't see that very often.

That black one is nice.

What a good posting this has been with 3 different camera inputs.
Using the find location pic, it might be possible that the preform knapper was working right on the edge of the creek that day.
Going farther in the dream, he probably walked the creek to select the raw flint then sat right on the bank with his feet in the water.
Unless of course there was a drought on and then his feet would be in the dirt

Ben, maybe I need to dig next to you more often. At least if I can't find them you can.
I thought we took a few more pics of the blade cache?