Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
smallest bird i've ever found...tx/nm border sandhills

I've never found any point this small, was definitely shocked picking it up. Thought yall might enjoy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Uni-facial flake scraper

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: smallest bird i've ever found...tx/nm border sandhills

And we're shocked that you found such a tiny target, it's a beut. AND as small as it is, the quality of the flint really enhances it.
Scraper would seem to be purpose made for use like a spoke shave.
Could that bird be made from Alibates flint ? I had to go to the SW section of the Ovrsts to find anything that small listed.
Your point would have had a secure place in a good old posting..I'll bring it up, look for "POST YOUR SMALLEST POINT "

thank you sir, i believe it is alibates...alot of it up here...i'll post pics of the sandhills out here next time..it's surreal walking in these temp. camps out here in this terrain. I actually found something out here i shoulda kept and now regret...i've read a few accounts of indians crossing through rough country w/o water and in anti****tion for it kept small river rocks to suck on to salivate and keep mouth from gettin dry and swelling.. i found one out there (i presumed) as there are literally no rocks of any sort or type in these particular sandhills..all rock ive found is either burnt or flint flakes..thought id throw that out there and see if anyone has any more knowledge on the matter.

Ancient chewing gum sounds logical. No worse than a pile of rocks that paleontologists call gastrostones
( foraging dinos swallowed stones to help grind up food )
Did that Lubbock wind / sand storm do your search area any good ? ( or just cover it up ? ) Where ever all that sand came from, must have done some surfacers some good, some where

I imagine it did do some good...I haven't had the chance to go back out since in blew threw here..I'll find out this weekend for sure

The WX satelite video of that particular storm was VERY impressive. looks like the top 1/2 inch of N Tx panhandle moved south. The panhandle surfacers are probably making finds of the points sitting up on little "toadstools " of dirt

SH

Did that Lubbock wind / sand storm do your search area any good ? ( or just cover it up ? ) Where ever all that sand came from, must have done some surfacers some good, some where

How about that gorgeous and complete Folsom you saw on the front page

THAT could possibly be from the " sand storm " uncovering.

Did anybody look at the Ovrsts to price the small Folsom ???...now price the small CLOVIS

I know...that thing is killer..everytime I go out there thats what im hoping to find sitting there in the sand....did anyone ever find out where he found it?

cgb
..did anyone ever find out where he found it?

Gaines County, no lat & Longs