Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Camp Live Oak

Hello all,

Just came back from Camp Live Oak with a couple of very nice points! If I figure out how to use the photobucket thing I will post them. One of them is a very droopy eared Marshall that has been resharpened many times and the other I couldn't figure out-though it is going to go well in my frame. Both near perfect.

Anyway, Buck (owner)is good people and even came out to see if I needed anything even though the dog and I were well prepared. He was a pretty cool guy and I will go again. I was very impressed with the price, the awesome drive out there and the size of the camp(s). The jump into the Frio afterwards ended the day great. I've seen my share of camps, and if you go to this one, just dig a little deeper than the novices and I betchya you will do all right!

Re: Camp Live Oak

Very good report j, CLO is in an excellent location with proven quality artifacts. And it's agreed, deeper or "missed" areas could be very rewarding.
We'd like to see some pics.
IF you get yours on Photobucket, Your 1/2 way there. see
instructions at top of the mssg bd postings for the other 50%.
Was Butch on his new Harley ?

Good show on the finds ( AND getting the pics posted )
That long eared Marshall is very unique. ' Resharpening ' usually indicates that the guy was doing something pretty rough with the point or edges,couldn't have been too rough for the delicate barbs to survive on this one.