Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
DIGFEST '11 - MORE PICS

Some more pics that did not fit in the first report.

Rain on the windshield started at 0230H Sunday

Photobucket

First murky light of "dawn"

Photobucket

Many tents like this one had water pooled in the floor pan. ( high winds blew rain sideways under rain flaps. )

Photobucket

Temporary shelter until FEMA gets here

Photobucket

After recognising this soft spot, everyone else walked to the dig area

Photobucket

Photobucket

My worst fears came true ...it had just barely stopped raining when I saw these fresh surfacers footprints in front of me. ( I think I know who it was they were size 13 and 6 ! )

Photobucket

First arrivers at big hole found a pool of rainwater at the low end.

Photobucket

In very short order Eric found a nice scraper

Photobucket

And it was signed

Photobucket

While we were admireing Eric's find, Two swing Troy made a find.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hillside workers

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was more campers at other favorite camp sites all the way down to the far end....
Richard & Kobi had a hectic morning pulling stuck vehicles.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: DIGFEST '11 - MORE PICS

Yes I did find the famous property of Fred Flintstone.... Thanks Hal.
Thanks for showing the pics of my truck burried to.lol
It took me a few hours to clean all the mud from inside it and outside of it.
Had a frigging blast at the mud fest.
Can't wait till next year.

Eric W. you are a true gentleman and I truely enjoyed your company at the cache finding on saturday. I got to thinking about it sat. night and I bet you were a busy man during the summer fires. Thankyou for your services.

Thanks Pat. I enjoyed B.S.ing with you and all the others.
We were pretty busy this year with our own fires in Taylor and Hutto. But still we sent a few of our troops to help out other places when we could.
Our fires were pretty much overshadowed by the Bastrop fire and a couple of bad ones in Leander that burned about 30 houses.
Hopefully we will be a bit slower this winter but believe it or not winter is generally our worst grass fire season because of low humidity, high winds, and everything is already dead.

Eric W.

Had a frigging blast at the mud fest.
Can't wait till next year.

Everything we live through in life becomes a new experience .. All of us that were at Woodstock are still celebrities And there never was another Woodstock.
So to with Digfest, that was the last & greatest for all time. The date for Any future digs will only be set when the 10 day WX forecast is sunny & warm

Your sacrifice to be the trailblazer vehicle was well appreciated, dozens of other vehicles could have been
hopelessly mired without the warning.

No need for Tks for the scraper, it was not mine ( but I always liked Fred F )

Those that found room away from the pond did well. The soil was absolutly dry below the 5 inch top. As they
dug and pushed the dry dirt behind them, it became a dry place to work in.

Photobucket

Notice anything funny about THIS digger ?
He's working next to the pond with no dry surface to start from.....He's standing straight up in liquified
throw dirt. ( and deeper mire is created as he dug )

Photobucket

John found a piece of pottery....I traded him a small Perd for it

Photobucket

Some diggers opted for a try at higher ground.
Others braved the roads to get to the area where the
blade cache was found.

Photobucket

Richard delights in using his truck horn once a year.. It's the call to lunch and can be heard at
the far end of the ranch ( to Bill's camp & the Paleo valley )

Photobucket

Lunch time.

Photobucket

And prize drawing time ( EVERYONE WON )

Photobucket

By afternoon digging was tolerable

Photobucket

This long range pic may find it's way to the garage wall to complete the donut dig pics of 10 yrs ago.

Photobucket

With all the excitement, Goldie just had to grab a dognap

Photobucket

Storm casualty

Photobucket

By 5PM the storm clouds were history

Photobucket

And the great drought of '11 finished.

Eric W. and Pat, it very good to see y'all again. I enjoyed hanging out with everyone and was really cool to watch Ben dig out that cache. Hopefully we won't have to wait a whole year to dig together again.. I will never forget mudfest!

oh yea , it was a blast, maybe for those who did not camp Fri night the wind blew like crazy , but Sat night , oh yea , I was awaken by Trish , Hooooney the tent is leaking and falling down , go fix it . woman have you lost your @#*# mind ? im not going out there , its a hurricane ! good thing the truck has front and back seats, at least we did manage to get out of the rain , even if we were already soaked lol . but wouldnt have missed it for the world .