Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
CF's Strike Again

I must be destined to amass the most Clear Forks in history. Can't seem to sneak off and do any surface hunting without one of these monsters rearing their ugly heads. Todays Find.

Re: CF's Strike Again

That ones a beauty, we can easily see the chisel edge.

It's almost letter to Santa time, what about asking for a really big, deep super display frame ( instead of more model train cars )just for CFs.

Make sure it is large enough for future finds

it's the clear fork mecca of Texas! Cool.

Nice example. Better than a poke in the eye.

I'm thinking now that these Indians didn't have time to make those fancy stemmed points because they were too dang busy doing wood working. Only thing I can think of for the use of that many was they must have made shelters out of branches and covered them in hides. Used the old CF to tidy up the branches used for support. Must have looked like a desert went they got through, no trees left.

I found my bag of Clear forks, ( round scrapers thrown in for a bonus )

Photobucket

Each bottom is perfectly flat

Photobucket

They wouldn't stand still for a proper profile !

Photobucket
But I tried (Sarcastic)

# 4 in both pic's has a more rounded cutting bit, that's similar to what I see on most of the biface examples, the Paleo ones. Good showing of woodworking tools there Hal.
The Paleo CF's sometimes look like fat preforms and I used to put them in the preform pile till I started seeing a pattern to their shape.
#4 probably saw more use.

When we were screening the church site Tom C found this monster CF. It is a real jem and quite large for the the type.

Photobucket

That's a real montster. That had to one big Indian to swing that thing. That or one with an overactive imagination. Most of mine are between 3 & 4" with a couple of mini CF's. Probably twig or toothpick cutters.