Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Texas Coastal Odds & Ends

artifactss (odds & ends)

Re: Texas Coastal Odds & Ends

sweet finds and nice finds!

Nice frame Redman

Love your posts always somethin Bad***

Ohhh...nice.

As 'usual' Red, the more we look at your frames the more we see.
FINALLY, there's a " Waco sinker " right where it belongs along the coastal fishing area. The other one probably served as a sinker too but the groove around it is attractive.
Thats a heck of a variety of finds along the coast area,,,,Even Te just south of San Antone finds very few if any Montells
It's pushing the ID's from a pic to the Max but could that be a Folsom below the dead bird ??

Good show

I believe Waco Sinkers were bolo stones. Coastal indians used crane bones to make whistles...........there is a theory that they hunted the big birds with bolos. The other grooved stone came from my Dad's collection.......he didn't have a name for it back then but it would probably be classified as a " boat stone" or perhaps an atlatl weight. The little Folsom look-alike did create a bit of stir when it first surfaced but it's just an arrowhead made from a thin pressure flake. Its flat on both sides and I mounted it with its "best side" up so it still creates a bit of a stir from time to time. The Montell was found along the Nueces River in San Patricio, County.