Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Restoration

Just spotted this discussion (I know its very old but sometimes I am slow)...lol
Reading everyone's comments I really enjoyed reliving all the trials, efforts, experimenting and research and development this type of work takes, along with the training it takes to see and break down colors. Twenty years ago no one would have believed there would be anybody interested in investing their time and talent this way, let alone making it ones full time profession for putting food on the table.
Now days restoration is in every type of commodity that has any value in it. Bottles, ceramics, jewelery, paintings etc., etc. They each all have the same long road of what to use and how to use that product according to the persons ability doing it. :) We started out with arrowheads and now have ventured into many of the different types of restoration fields I have mentioned here. One never knows where the road one starts on, leads to.

Many people ask the question..."What do we use"? In the end the answer is, "Whatever it takes", just not any set rules! Everyone seems to be on the right track for their own level of present ability. Experimenting with new products and tools is a never ending and time consuming part of this work.

Re: Restoration

Gomer, I have done some restoration work over the years but I do send the really serious work to you..............sort of like a GP referring a patient to a Surgeon.

Gomer
Just spotted this discussion (I know its very old but sometimes I am slow)...lol

SLOW G !!...thats an UNDERSTATEMENT
Since that posting, some forum members have died, many others have just joined and have no idea what we're refering to..

I brought the original posting up to date for a new look, see;
ARROWHEAD REPAIR" by Joshua C.

Tks for the input Gomer, thats interesting about there being a market for restoring EVERYTHING, not just flint.

ROTHFL, Its just as one gets older ones world just gets bigger and more things to attend to compared to when it was only me I had to think about.:)